TITLE: Java Programmer
REQUIRED SKILLS: 5-7 Years Experience
LOCAL CANDIDATES PREFFERED!! RELOCATION UNAVAILABLE!!
Job Summary: The candidate for this position should be a mid level developer with several years experience. The candidate will be the 3rd person in this group and the other two will be senior developers. One of the essential responsibilities will be developing mostly J2EE web applications. Experience with MVC framework, struts, SDLC, hibernate etc. is required.
- Designs and builds applications in a Web/internet and intranet environment.
- Apply modeling techniques, component and object-oriented design, complex coding, and systematic approaches to application integration.
- Application development supporting business objectives.
- Provide expertise in SDLC phases from concept and design to testing.
- Leverages current industry leading standards and best practices.
- Use design patterns and various frameworks for application development.
- Performs hands-on coding in addition to serving as liaison to internal customers and several business support areas.
- Designs new and existing applications along with enhancements to web sites and web applications.
- Designs secure applications and websites using industry security standards to prevent common security issues such as SQL injections, denial of service attacks, and cross-site scripting.
- Uses advanced frameworks/functions for detecting unauthorized file system modifications, URL access restrictions, input/output data sanitation and validation, and usage of HTTPS/SSL and secure cookies/secure sessions.
- Performs seamless application integration with enterprise class relational databases (MS-SQL Server, Oracle 10g, 11g) on various distributed UNIX environments using the Solaris 10 operating system.
- Uses app. server, web server, and middleware technologies such as Apache, IIS, Tomcat, Web Logic Oracle SOA Suite, and Oracle Portal.
- Ensures system implementations occur in accordance with established change control procedures. Proactively communicates status reports and issues to management team. Writes programming specification, business requirement specifications, and technical documentation. Conduct unit, integration, and regression testing.
- Provides and maintains 24/7 support of various corporate internal and external customer websites and applications.
- Assists the programming manager with mentoring and supervising other developers and provides leadership and guidance on complex projects. Acts as the programming departments lead middleware and content management system architect responsible for all components across a projects lifecycle – gathering requirements, designing, developing, testing, and support of the applications.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- 5+ years experience using server and middleware technologies (Tomcat, Apache, IIS, Oracle Portal, SOA, IDM, OID, Web Logic, Oracle, MS-SQL Server, Solaris 10, UNIX Shell Scripting) preferred.
- 5+ years experience using web development and design languages and tools
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related major preferred.
- Strong communication, relationship, and organizational skills.
- Proficient with application development technical standards and design frameworks, such as MVC.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- PHP is not required but is a plus!
Apply Online Now