Close date: July 10, 2014
Target Start date: August 4, 2014
Target End date: August 3, 2016
Duration: 24 months
Hours per week: 40
Task Order #HBITS-02-01552
This is a full time position.
Hours are 9:00 am – 5:00 pm.
Job location is Albany, NY
This experienced Development Lead will guide a development team in design and development of Accounting and Receivable modules for the Employer Transactional and Experience Ledgers for the UISIM project.
The UISIm project is a multi-year program effort to redesign, implement, and test business process improvements for the Department of Labor’s customers, partners and internal staff. Business process improvements will be made by satisfying the following project goals and functional objectives: operational improvement, program integrity, systems integration. UISIm will replace the 40+ year old Unemployment Insurance (UI) legacy computer systems and manual procedures with a new and improved integrated computer system.
The consultant will lead an agile development team and be responsible for Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) design and development activities in the Employer Domain of the UISIm project, concentrating on account profiles, financial management, case management and workflow/task management aspects. The activities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead an agile development team working on a complex employer account financial system, including designing and developing modules that establish receivables, calculate fees and interest, apply remittances, establish and reverse refunds, and reconcile funds and other account maintenance activities
- Lead a team of developers in the analysis, design, and development of integrated solutions for the project.
- Assist the project development team to establish and document standards and patterns for ‘best practices’ of integration technologies.
- Mentor state staff developers in advanced programming techniques and skills.
- Use Rational Software Architect (RSA) for modeling architecture and application design, components, and services. Analyze, design, review, and document database conceptual and logical data models. Identify services and business process components in functional decomposition.
- Create and review sequence and activity diagrams.
- Define and validate service WSDLs and XSDs.
- Develop business process models.
- Analyze, design, and develop services and business processes from business requirements using a SOA approach.
- Orchestrate individual system components into end-to-end business processes as part of a comprehensive Case Management/Workflow system.
- Construct software applications using J2EE and SOA architectures.
- Develop applications using Rational Application Developer (RAD/IID) utilizing Agile methodologies.
- Develop composite applications utilizing WebSphere Integration Developer (WID), WebSphere Process Server (WPS), WebSphere Business Integration Workbench and/or WebSphere MQ Workflow.
- Perform composite application integration using EJB, SCA, JMS, and Web Services over an Enterprise Service Bus (ESB).
- Analyze and develop rule sets for processes utilizing WODM.
- Develop and test data access using Object Relation Mapping frameworks (Hibernate).
- Develop complex relational database queries using ANSI standard SQL and PLS/SQL to be used with Oracle and DB2 databases giving special consideration to transaction management.
- Perform database transaction management analysis, implementation, and troubleshooting.
- Perform unit and integration testing and resolve defects.
- Create and review technical documents for all aspects of the software development life-cycle.
- Provide new technology evaluations resulting from research, proof of concept (POC), and proof of technology (POT) work.
- Analysis, design, coding, component and assembly testing of all application code owned by the Application Team
- Maintenance (including production support), enhancement and development work
- Write application software, data analysis, data access, data structures, data manipulation, databases, design, programming, testing and implementation, technical and user documentation, software conversions
Senior - 60 – 84 months
- Candidate is able to work without assistance and can provide leadership for others; may have advanced education
- 24 months designing and developing complex financial and account management modules within a comprehensive Case Management system utilizing Workflow/Task Management components in a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA). (Financial modules are limited to: establish receivables, calculate fees/interest, apply remittances and adjustments, establish and reverse refunds, reconcile funds, apply complex fund allocation algorithms and process bulk complex financial transactions. For Example: Account maintenance modules create and modify user profiles.
- 60 months leading an agile development team in development of complex integrated JEE-based SOA systems. (For example: planning and managing work, providing direction and assistance/mentoring to team members, monitoring productivity, reviewing work for quality assurance and reporting status.)
- 60 months designing JEE composite applications including foundational services/components using SCA – Service Component Architecture and Web Services.
- 60 months using IBM’s Design/Development tool stack: Rational Software Architect (RSA) for generation of Service Models, Service Classification Diagrams, Activity Diagrams and Sequence Diagrams for model-driven development in Rational Application Developer (RAD/IID).
- 24 months using IBM’s ESD tool stack: Business Process design/development tools such as WebSphere Business Modeler (WBM), WebSphere Process Server (WPS)/Business Process Manager (BPM) and/or WebSphere Integration Developer (WID). This includes using Business Process Execution Language (BPEL).
- 18 months designing, developing and integrating business rule sets in ILOG/WODM.
- 60 months developing complex relational database queries with particular focus on cross-component transaction management.
- Masters Degree in Computer Science or Computer Applications.
Do you anticipate any absences during the engagement period? If so, please list the start and end date for each absence.
What dates can you interview for this position that are at least 7 days after the due date (see due date above)?
Do you have a Skype ID? If so, please provide it. If not, please get one ASAP, it is free. A Skype interview will be required as part of the hiring process.
If selected, you will need to start the job within 10 days.
If selected, you will need to pass a background investigation (BGI).