This is a full-time, permanent position with one of my top clients. They are growing quickly and this role is a crucial hire for them. Thanks in advance, I look forward to receiving your resume.
- Demonstrated 5+ years of network engineering experience, preferably in a global service provider production environment.
- Must have proficient knowledge of core networking protocols, such as: TCP/IP, Domain Name System (DNS), BGP, OSPF, ARP, SNMP and DHCP, and experience with successfully applying these protocols to solve complex networking problems.
- Experience maintaining and expanding high volume, dynamic, globally distributed network points of presence.
- Hands-on experience with the networking products of major vendors (e.g., Cisco, Brocade, Juniper, BigIP, A10), along with strong Unix/Linux/Storage systems knowledge and proficiency with the related disciplines.
- Understanding of scripting languages such as Perl, Python and/or PHP/CGI is preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of data communication systems, including hardware, software and applications.
- Hands-on experience working with various cloud vendors a plus.
- Strong ability to troubleshoot complex, multi-vendor network issues.
- Knowledge of Quality of Service, IPSec, Multicast and load balancing techniques are also essential.
- Hands on experience with protocol analyzer tools and debugging tools.
- Must work well in a fast-paced, changing environment and be able to manage multiple tasks, projects, and initiatives with different priorities at the same time.
- Exceptional troubleshooting and problem solving skills, while maintaining a business level view towards resolution for our customers.
- Extensive practical knowledge of all layers of the OSI network model.