Get new similar jobs by email for
Journeyman HVAC Mechanic
Responsible for independently performing skilled tasks at BWI International Thurgood Marshall Airport in troubleshooting, operation, replacement, repair, and maintenance of commercial HVAC systems, water treatment, controls and all other building mechanical and electrical systems.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Operation, replacement, repair, and maintenance of all HVAC related mechanical, electrical, control systems, including but not limited to: chillers, boilers, cooling towers, air handling units, pumps, heat exchangers, heaters, condensers, chilled and heating water piping, expansion joints, system controls, and air distribution systems.
2. Perform complex repairs on air conditioning, heating and ventilating components and systems.
3. Make complex repairs to HVAC control system, including air compressors and air dryers.
4. Perform major repairs on integrated building temperature controls.
5. Operate, repair, and maintain air distribution systems, including the associated pneumatic and electronic controlled devices.
6. Replace sub-assembly units in small and large heating, ventilating and cooling systems.
7. Replace or install heaters and ventilation systems and related equipment.
8. Repair, pack, and replace valves, gauges, and fittings.
9. Lubricate, oil, adjust, clean, and monitor a variety of mechanical equipment including motors and pumps.
10.Perform preventive maintenance to HVAC equipment.
11.Perform routine and emergency repairs and adjustments to HVAC equipment including gas welding refrigeration piping.
12.Maintain open and closed loop condensate, chilled and hot water systems including the water chemical treatment equipment.
13.Identify mechanical parts, supplies, and equipment that need to be replaced.
14.Fill out and turn in a variety of maintenance records and logs including work completed, inventory, equipment use, maintenance schedules etc., in English and prepare reports using the Maximo system.
15.Recommend changes in procedures, methods, and/or scheduling of preventive maintenance work.
16.Perform related duties as required.
17.Troubleshoot and make necessary repairs to refrigeration systems.
18.Troubleshoot and repair electric, electronic and pneumatic controls systems.
19.Possess adequate sight, hearing, and speaking capabilities to maintain a safe working condition and be able to distinguish wire colors and component color codes.
20.Evacuate refrigeration systems, perform refrigeration leak test, recover refrigerant and replace refrigerant compressor following the most recent state and federal regulatory requirements for service and repair practices of refrigeration systems and components.
21.Shall be capable and licensed to drive a motor vehicle.
1. Must have High School diploma or equivalent plus two (2) or three (3) years of a technical or trade school with training in HVAC systems is preferred.
2. Must have a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in the operation, maintenance, and repair of HVAC, mechanical, electrical, and electronic systems.
3. Must possess the knowledge of the safe use and operation of the tools and equipment used in the testing, maintenance and repair of electrical, mechanical and plumbing equipment, systems, and facilities.
4. Must have the ability to quickly and effectively diagnose basic maintenance and repair problems and take appropriate action to resolve it.
5. Must have the ability to perform work in areas of extreme heat and cold.
6. Must be familiar with operation of building automation systems.
7. Must have the ability to read and understand blue prints, pneumatic, mechanical and/or electric control drawings.
8. Must possess or capable of possessing a Journeyman HVACR license from the State of Maryland Department of Licensing and Regulations within 180 days of Notice to Proceed.
9. Must possess an US EPA approved Universal Certifications.
10.Must have the ability to read, comprehend, and execute written and oral instructions and perform basic arithmetic calculations.
11.Must be able to pick up 50 pounds.
12.Must be physically able to climb ladders.