This opening seeks an Electrical Engineer with a passionate interest in engineering for buildings and infrastructure. Work focuses on designing electrical solutions for new and existing mission critical applications, often in limited access facilities. This role will entail leading the design and development of electrical engineering solutions and intensive coordination efforts with other disciplines, primarily mechanical, architectural, structural and civil.
*Candidate must have a college degree.
*Candidate must be a U.S. Citizen. No exceptions.
*Ideal Candidate has 1-2 years relevant work/internship experience
Critical to success in this role is existing experience and interest in learning about:
- Surveying and assessing existing conditions
- Conceptualizing design solutions
- Developing system single line diagrams and controls concepts
- Engineering calculations
- Sizing equipment and systems
- Selecting equipment
- Coordinating with adjacent disciplines
- Interfacing with Owner and Construction team representatives
- Leading the troubleshooting, assessment and solution concept development effort
- Leading and mentoring team members
- Ability to develop project plans and schedules, delegate tasks, and manage a project process to the required deliverables
- Understanding the capabilities, limitations and availability of specific pieces of equipment
- Effective verbal and written communications
- Anticipating construction, operating and maintenance conditions specific to individual project environments
Attributes that will support a successful candidate in this opening include:
- Interest in electrical engineering
- Reliable, team-player
- Effective judgment skills
- Organized, multi-tasker
- Anticipates impact of system changes
- Owner, takes initiative
- Positive attitude
About Liberty Engineering
Liberty Engineering, LLP is an engineering solutions company, specializing in critical mission requirements for secure environments. Liberty provides state-of-the-art designs to both private and government customers to offer the most appropriate project plan. Located in Washington DC, Liberty offers comprehensive solutions to data center customers in locations nationally and overseas. Liberty provides mechanical, electrical, security and telecommunications infrastructure engineering capabilities through troubleshooting, existing conditions assessments, design and commissioning services.
Liberty Engineering offers a fast-paced job environment with a balance of peer mentorship and project responsibility. Engineers are challenged to apply technical knowledge and design creativity to troubleshoot systems and produce custom solutions.