Get new similar jobs by email for
Quality Assurance Technician
Conduct tests to determine quality of raw materials, bulk intermediate and finished products.
· Conduct routine and non-routine analyses of in-process materials, and raw materials.
· Compile laboratory test data and perform appropriate analyses.
· Discard or reject products, materials, or equipment not meeting specifications.
· Analyze and interpret data, manuals, and other materials to determine specifications, inspection and testing procedures, adjustment and certification methods, formulas, and measuring instruments required.
· Inspect, test, or measure materials, products, or work for conformance to specifications.
· Notify supervisors and other personnel of production problems, and assist in identifying and correcting these problems.
· Discuss inspection results with those responsible for products, and recommend necessary corrective actions.
· Record inspection or test data, such as weights, temperatures, grades, or moisture content, and quantities inspected or graded
· Mark items with details such as grade or acceptance-rejection status.
· Measure dimensions of products to verify conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments such as rulers, calipers, gauges, or micrometers
· Analyze test data, making computations as necessary, to determine test results.
· Complete documentation needed to support testing procedures including data capture forms, equipment logbooks, or inventory forms.
· Evaluate analytical methods and procedures to determine how they might be improved.
· Identify quality problems and recommend solutions.
· Interpret test results, compare them to established specifications and control limits, and make recommendations on appropriateness of data for release.
· Investigate or report questionable test results.
· Monitor testing procedures to ensure that all tests are performed according to established item specifications, standard test methods, or protocols.
· Participate in out-of-specification and failure investigations and recommend corrective actions.
· Perform visual and electrical inspections.
· Perform visual inspection of staple, finish goods and testing materials.
· Maintain internal quality of products.
· Carry out all record keeping and documentation
· Perform instrument/equipment calibration and maintenance as required
· Knowledge of quality system requirements.
· Ability to communicate effectively.
· Knowledge of ISO requirements.
· Production and Processing — Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
· English Language — Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
· Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
· Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
· Speaking — Talking to others to convey information effectively.
· Reading Comprehension — Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
· Monitoring — Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
· Quality related experience a minimum of two (1) years.