Get new similar jobs by email for
Conshohocken or Wyomissing
Relay & Power Systems (R&PS) has an experienced core of engineers, designers, panel builders and technicians. R&PS specializes in manufacturing auxiliary relays; custom relay, instrument and control panels; and provides technical services and turnkey solutions to utility and industrial customers.
R&PS is a subsidiary of Rumsey Electric Company – a dynamic, employee-owned electrical distribution company serving Eastern PA, NJ, DE and MD. In existence for over 100 years, Rumsey provides a competitive salary and benefits package, along with diverse opportunities for long term career development. The Rumsey team consists of over 250 employee owners that thrive in a fast-paced customer service environment. Rumsey just may be the company you’ve been looking for!
· Stock ownership
· 401(k) with employer matching
· Life and Disability Insurance
· Flexible Spending Accounts
· Company issued laptop
· Tuition assistance
We have an opening for a Lead Engineer reporting to the General Manager based out of our Conshohocken or Wyomissing location. This individual will be responsible for managing all technical aspects on large complex projects. The Lead Engineer will be the single point of contact for the Project Manager for all technical issues. This role will ensure that error free deliverables will be completed within budget and on time per the project schedule.
· Function as the Lead Engineer on large complex projects.
· Responsible for all technical aspects of the project scope of work.
· Responsible for the execution of deliverables within the budget and per the schedule.
· Responsible for all engineering, design and drafting of all project deliverables.
· Responsible to maintain weekly control level schedules with accurate “estimate to complete” forecasts.
· Responsible for cost effective solutions to maximize profitability.
· Responsible to develop detailed scope of work for change orders including description, BOM, deliverables and man-hours within 48 hours to support the project change management process.
· Provide leadership to technical team and create teamwork and “can do” attitude.
· Responsible for the growth and development of junior engineers and designers.
· Responsible for technical work flow, task assignments.
· Reports to the Project Manager for all project related issues.
· Assigned to multiple projects to maintain 100% utilization.
· Direct the creation of and create design-basis drawings (relay single lines, schematics, logic diagrams, physical layouts, etc.) in compliance with customer specifications, standard accepted practices, or gathering from extensive experience in related areas in the field.
· Provide direct or general technical supervision and or training to less experienced engineers and team members.
· Develop and maintain the Bill of Material for projects.
· Estimate and bid projects as required for proposals. This would also include site walk downs and visits to customer’s locations.
· Proficient with all substation protection schemes and equipment.
· Offer expertise in many of the relay protection areas. They will rely on extensive background and experience to make decisions and give direction.
· Responsible for the design, settings and functionality development of protective relays and relay/control panels.
· Responsible for the testing of all aspects of protective relay and control schemes/panels in the production facility including the operation and manipulation of test equipment, and, if required, at the customers site.
· Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, or Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering plus commensurate experience (preferably in “Power” or “Protection/Controls”).
· 5 years Relay application and engineering experience.
· Proficient with microprocessor relays, devices and controllers, including their programming, testing, and interfacing with other protection and control equipment.
· Familiar with coordination and fault study tools, software and methodology.
· Proficient with standard high voltage substation equipment and low voltage auxiliary equipment.
· Proficient with the content of all standard substation electrical protection and control drawings and configuration documents.
· Strong Leadership skills.
· Time management skills: the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office products (e.g. Word, Excel, etc.).
· Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills.
· Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Strong analytical skills.
· Strong customer orientation.
· Ability to work with limited supervision.
· Strong problem solving skills.
· Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
· Detail oriented.
· Valid driver’s license.
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
· Completed 12 CEU’s of formal Protective Relay application course work.
· AutoCAD and/or Micro-Station CAD experience.
· Electrical Field engineering experience in an industrial or utility environment.
· Professional Engineering License.
If you meet the criteria outlined above, we encourage you to apply. E-mail or fax your resume, which must include salary requirements, to:
Please insert “Lead Engineer” in the subject line