WellNecessities, Inc. is a regionally recognized, clinically-based wellness company offering innovative products, education, and services in a dignified and modern environment to support a healthy lifestyle.
The hallmarks of the company are sleep diagnostic testing, home medical equipment rental and sales, compounding pharmacy, and wellness related products. WellNecessities is dedicated to delivering the best quality of care to customers who seek a comprehensive and fresh approach to wellness.
We are currently seeking lead registered polysomnographic technicians throughout Louisiana to join our team. The incumbents in this position will service WellNecessities' contracts at hospitals in Leesville, Natchitoches, Shreveport and Monroe.
The lead polysomnographic technician is responsible for the overall coordinating and training of all polysomnographic technology staff, assure all equipment is kept in proper working order, keep inventory control of related equipment and supplies, and assist in quality control. The lead tech works under the direction of the Area Manager or designee and Director of Clinical Services in developing and maintaining policies and procedures for the department.
- Performs overnight polysomnograms, MSLT/MWT, CPAP and oxygen titration according to procedural protocol.
- Collect, analyze, and integrate patient information in order to identify and meet the patient-specific needs such as physical/mental limitations, current emotional/physiological status regarding the testing procedure, pertinent medical/social history in order to determine final testing parameters/procedures in conjunction with the ordering physician and laboratory protocols.
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to recognize and provide age specific care in the treatment, assessment, and education of neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients.
- Data Tabulation and Interpretation: Score sleep/wake and clinical events (respiratory, cardiac, limb movements, arousals, etc.) in accordance with AASM scoring guidelines.
- Generate reports by tabulating sleep/wake and clinical events to assist physician in interpretation.
- Assist in equipment care and maintenance, maintaining proper storage and backup procedures on all sleep studies.
- Assist in training and educating polysomnographic technicians
- Assist in providing accurate and constructive feedback to technicians in the form of QAs.
- Assist in organizing and presenting technical in-services to technicians.
- Comply with applicable laws, regulations, guidelines, and standards regarding safety and infection control issues.
- Comply with BRPT Standards of Conduct.
- Maintain all state and national credentials to keep good standing and practice as a RPSGT, such as state licensing and any necessary Continuing Education Credits (CEC’s)
1. Valid state driver’s license
Must be certified in Basic Life Support (adult, child, and infant)
Must be Registered in Polysomnographic Technology with the BRP
Must have a current license with the LSBME
Bachelor's degree preferred, but not required
Knowledge of normal cardio respiratory, neurological and sleep physiology3. Experience:
At least 18 months of related experience and/or training. Previous employee management preferred.4. Skills:
Strong organizational skills
Excellent verbal and written communication skillsExceptional interpersonal communication skillsAbility to work independently on assigned tasks as well as to accept direction on given assignmentsAbility to work collectively with sleep associates
Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessmentmeeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction
Ability to work with a variety of different people
Ability to work well under time constraints and in stressful conditions
Good computer skills
Flexibility to work some weekends