Cisco’s Security Technology Group (STG), is looking for a senior software engineer to lead advanced development in our Security Intelligence Operations.
Our projects include working closely with Cisco's data research and Cloud Infrastructure groups on implementation of advanced information-retrieval algorithms, massive data processing and complex distributed transaction systems operating on large distributed datasets.
This is an exciting opportunity for a senior software engineer with a passion for reliability, availability, consistency, security and high performance allowing him to apply state-of-the-art, big-data techniques within our cloud infrastructure and work within a very high-demand business area. It is an opportunity to refine leadership skills and expand an expertise in leading-edge technologies while creating an elegant software solutions for big-data applications running on top of our robust, scalable platforms.
• Provides technical leadership and expertise in developing solutions to complex software engineering problems, requiring frequent use of innovation and creative finesse.
• Translates complex requirements into technical solutions, exerts significant latitude in determining technical objectives of an assignment without appreciable direction
• Interfaces with technical leadership within other teams to provide and obtain information and to build consensus regarding project direction.
• Understands and adheres to cost/delivery/quality targets established during the program design phase
• Interacts cross functionally on matters requiring technical coordination across functional/organizational lines, readily processing and sharing information with others
• Designs prototypes and writes and reviews server-side code for robust high-volume data-processing enterprise-class production applications
• Evaluates and proposes design changes/suggestions to processes and products.
• Writes/reviews technical requirement/design documents and system level test plans
• Provides work leadership to others and plays key role in building our platform, systems and networking infrastructure.
• BS/MS/PhD in computer science or other relevant technical degree
• 10+ years of extensive experience in application development using high-level languages, such as Java, C++, Scala, etc.
• Demonstrate analytic and problem-solving skills, particularly as it relates to application design, server side development and infrastructure
• Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and software design.
• Demonstrate ability to speak the language of data analysis engineers, and be able to translate requirements into deployable solutions.
• Expert in designing/implementing high performance data-processing systems; extensive experience with concurrency and transactions
• Experience with design and development of large scale high volume distributed enterprise application systems
• Demonstrate excellent multi level communication and relationship skills.
• Demonstrate a solid understanding of Big Data concepts/methodologies
• Experienced with Hadoop and MapReduce technologies (e.g. Avro, Oozie, Pig, Hive, HBase)
• Familiar with Virtualization and Cloud technologies (OpenStack and/or AWS)
• Firsthand experience with data warehousing concepts/methodologies
• Experience with standard and columnar data stores and graph stores
• Experience in a network security related area is preferable
The successful candidate will be comfortable engaging in healthy debate with team members and lead the development of production-quality code as required. Development will be in a Unix-based environment and will leverage both off-the-shelf/open-source technologies, as well as in-house engineering. Need to call out cloud infrastructure, big data, graph store, column DB, Hadoop, MapReduce