Are you driven by what's next? Become a Cablevisionary.
We are looking for Cablevisionaries who always keep the customer first in mind, who insist on continuing to learn every day, who thrive in a highly collaborative work environment and who when presented with a challenge, don't quit until they find a solution.
The Lead Strategic Software Developer (Lead SSD) is the primary development team contact for the facilitation and planning of next generation technical tools, processes and strategic initiatives. This includes identifying the technical and strategic needs of the organization and preparing and maintaining the necessary high-level and low-level design artifacts and recommendations to present to senior management. The Lead SSD needs to be comfortable working with senior level executives, both internal and external, and participating in executive meetings, correspondence, and presentations.
The Lead SSD works closely with application development resources, Senior Business and IT management, vendors, Project Managers, Business Analysts, and most importantly, Business Customers, to ensure that the systems and applications built, are what customers really need.
- 7+ years of application programming experience including expericne with programming language and operating system expertise similar to: UNIX, Microsoft Windows, JAVA, XML, SOAP and REST web services, JMS
- Experience developing and deploying applications in a multi-tier environment
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills; ability to create original concepts/theories for a variety of projects and effectively hand-off to development resources for ready fleshing out for Production implementation.
- 7+ years of experience in full project lifecycle including all stages of design, development and implementation of custom applications as well as the deployment of packaged solutions
- Experience in application development utilizing a relational database such as Oracle as well as stored procedures authoring in such languages as PL/SQL
- Experience in workflow design/development utilizing Tibco, Business Works, iProcess and Active Matrix
- Cross-platform mobile development experience, utilizing such toolset(s) as Rhomobile, jQuery Mobile/HTML5, Sencha Touch or PhoneGap (a.k.a. Apache Callback)
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills; ability to respond to customer inquiries, effectively communicate critical problems and discuss resolutions with management; ability to translate complex technical problems into simple lay terms understandable to a non-technical audience
- Associates or Bachelor's degree in Business or Communications preferred, Master’s degree is a plus or minimum of 60 College credits required or military experience or technical/trade school certification.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.