Get new similar jobs by email for
SUMMARY: Implement specific corporate objectives with respect to strategically identifying, qualifying, negotiating and finalizing lease terms with national retail and entertainment tenants. Position requires significant analytical and sales aptitude with the ability to contribute to the Real Estate Committee meeting on a daily basis, in addition to establishing and maintaining business relationships with leading national tenants.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Work with the Director of Leasing, President, Executive Management Team and the Real Estate Committee in the development of the shopping centers strategic leasing plans.
· Prepare, negotiate and finalize lease proposals, amendments and renewals for each of the centers, to maximize center revenue. Candidate must have an understanding of proformas and be comfortable with numbers.
· Seek new or replacement tenants for the portfolio through national or regional contacts, and by visiting other markets and centers.
· Must be a team player. A key component of success in this position is the ability to work with other departments within the Company, including Center management teams, legal, tenant coordination, construction, and finance and revenue management. Leasing representatives are expected to manage their deal from start to finish. From the negotiation of the deal, through the legal and store design process, up to and including the collection of rents.
· Maintain current knowledge of industry and retail trends.
· Work with Real Estate Counsel to ensure lease documentation reflects intended transaction.