LTE Layer 1 Wireless Engineer
Job Description: Layer 1 Wireless Engineer / Senior Embedded Firmware (DSP) Engineer
Tecore Networks is seeking a Layer-1 wireless network engineer with experience in the development and integration of the LTE physical layer. Successful candidate with be responsible for the implementation and development of of the physical layer features and algorithms in C.
Key skill sets and technical experience:
- Experience with development in real time embedded C and/or DSP Programming and Knowledge of 3GPP mobile communications specifications and protocols
- Experience with embedded hardware platforms (Ti, Freescale, Mindspeed, and other sock hardware platforms).
- Knowledgeable in software development practices
- Demonstrated experience with physical layer implementation of 3GPP LTE, UMTS, GSM or other wireless technologies.
- Experience with call/protocol testing equipment (e.g. R&S CMU-200 & CMW-500)
- Solid understanding of the principles of digital signal processing
- Experience working in a Linux/Unix development environment.
Education & Qualifications:
- 3-5 years of experience on implementation and/or test of Physical Layer(s) on 3GPP LTE & UMTS/GSM or other Wireless technologies; Digital Signal Processing and Communications
- Engineering / real-time embedded SW design in C and C++
Solid and proven software development skills in the embedded C/C++, Java, Java Script, Makefiles, Assembler etc.
- Additional plus to have prior exposure to LTE firmware & feature verification aspects including programming exposure for R&S CMW500, Anritsu Tester, or other 3GPP test models