Get new similar jobs by email for
Lumicor ® is the manufacturer of a new and innovative translucent resin material marketed to the architectural and interior design industries. To learn more about our company check us out at www.Lumicor.com
Responsible for assuring plant and equipment operating systems and lines are in good operating order to minimize production downtime. Responsible for maintaining and conducting a Preventive Maintenance Program (PMP); carrying out periodic inspections and complete and maintain reports that pertain to maintenance of the plant for both plant leadership and regulatory agencies. The incumbent will provide technical support/input while actively participating in and supporting the plant's strategic goals. The position is responsible for adhering to policies/procedures, and complying with regulatory requirements, and rules in the specified area of responsibility. This includes directing and managing the activities of an hourly maintenance technicianas well as performing much of the actual “hands on” work, while safely and effectively meeting the maintenance needs of all departments in the plant.
· Ensure that the entire maintenance area of responsibility proactively supports all plant goals including safety, quality, financial performance, and productivity.
· Coordinate and administer daily interaction between all aspects of maintenance in specified area of responsibility and all other departments in the plant.
· Work with outside vendors obtain bids, manage, review work and sign off on completion.
· Spend time on-line sourcing parts and equipment including pricing to allow purchasing to fulfill needs of the maintenance department. Ensure that maintenance personnel have proper qualifications, are properly trained, are fully engaged and motivated to work productively both as part of a team and individually.
· Clearly communicate job expectations; plan, monitor, appraise and review job contributions; enforcing policies and procedures; providing coaching, counseling and discipline where needed.
· Ensure compliance with established standards and procedures involving safety, sanitation, good manufacturing policies, housekeeping and other plant programs.
· Ensure all equipment and tools in specified area of responsibility are maintained in the proper operating condition to meet established plant needs, established safety, sanitation, and etc. standards.
· Achieve production maintenance operational objectives by contributing production maintenance information and recommendations to repair or replace new or existing equipment; preparing and completing action plans.
Skills / Knowledge
· Strong background in multiple facets of maintenance (mechanical, electronic, instrumentation, PLCs, utilities, hydraulics, boiler & steam etc.) of plant equipment installation, repair, and maintenance.
· Excellent and proven leadership skills in a maintenance environment, with the ability to develop a world-class maintenance team
· Ability to lead maintenance teams but also be hands-on as needed
· Excellent written and oral communication skills as well as interpersonal skills
· Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills
· Proven problem solving/ decision making skills with demonstrated track record in the use of innovative problem solving techniques for improving maintenance processes/ systems
· Excellent trouble-shooting approach and methodologies
· Self-motivated, flexible and adaptable
· Strong computer skills
· Minimum of 5-7 years of Plant maintenance experience required
· Must have deep, hands-on knowledge in one maintenance discipline (e.g., mechanical) with substantial knowledge of other disciplines such as electrical,electromechanical, hydraulics, or boiler & steam.