Get new similar jobs by email for
Are you an experienced Maintenance Mechanicwith a food industry background?
Would you enjoy working at a team-oriented, established wholesale bakery based inOrange County?
If you answered 'yes' to both questions, this may be the perfect opportunity for you!
· Perform preventative maintenance of utility equipment as well as production equipment while ensuring a clean and safe environment.
· Troubleshoots electrical and mechanical problems on various production and utility equipment as well as performs preventative maintenance.
· Work on projects (i.e. machining, fabrication and working with outside vendors).
· Helps gather information to create technical equipment data for development of preventative maintenance programs.
· Assist with new equipment installation and/or equipment relocation.
· Is part of team implementation and provides ideas to improve uptime of plant equipment through equipment modifications, layout adjustments, and general machine maintenance.
· Interprets documents, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
· Is able to fabricate or rebuild machinery gears to ensure adequate inventory.
· Generates and completes work orders as assigned.
· Performs equipment changes and production line set ups.
· Required to need to learn production equipment.
· Will be required to supply listed hand tools.
· Ensures that all applicable safety rules and regulations, including plant safety rules, OSHA and Cal OSHA and IFS regulations are followed.
Qualifications and Requirements:
· B.A. or equivalent from four-year college or technical school; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in the food industry is preferred.
· Basic Electrical, PLC Troubleshooting, and Servo Drive experience/understanding required.
· Prior diagnostic/troubleshooting and preventative machining maintenance experience.
· Five years of industrial maintenance experience is preferred (welding, machining, metal fabrication skills specific to stainless steel a plus).
· Refrigeration/HVAC Trade or Vocational certification preferred.
· Requires operational knowledge of using a computer and Microsoft Office software.
· Must be able to stand for long periods of time, frequent walking, and lift up to 50 lbs. as needed.
· Mill and Lathe experience is preferred.
Salary is based on experience.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Qualified applicants only, no Recruiters please!