Get new similar jobs by email for
Maintenance Supervisor - Chemi...
The Colonial Group specializes in the placement of outstanding talent in the Chemical, Mineral Processing, General Manufacturing, CPG, and affiliated industries. Our clients understand our decades of industry experience give us unique insight and access to top talent at all levels. We are a nationally recognized, award-winning firm (Top 5%) dedicated to helping both clients and candidates join together to form a mutually beneficial relationship.
Our client is seeking a highly skilled Maintenance Supervisor. If you are a committed and driven manufacturing professional who is ready to move their career to the next level with a challenging assignment with an industry leader, this may be an opportunity for you.
· Mechanical Engineering Degree required, and special training in reliability engineering preferred.
· 7+ yrs experience with the operation and maintenance of larger scale manufacturing equipment.
· Team leadership experience in the maintenance disciplines a must.
· Effectively use data and have experience with CMMS.
· Supervise a shift of the maintenance department including all labor issues, equipment breakdown repair, preventative maintenance, management of parts, stockroom organization and inventory control, and use of the CMMS to manage work flow.
· Ensure that maintenance assignments are carried out in an efficient and safe manner, troubleshoot plant and equipment issues, and directly supervise the maintenance staff.
· Set-up, maintain, and be responsible for the oversight of the PM systems, inspection routines, inventory control and staff training.
· Control maintenance expenditures in a cost-effective way according to the budget for site repairs, resources, direct labor, and overtime.
· Manage small capital and expense projects aimed at asset improvement/utilization, safety, and equipment reliability, utilizing process and project engineering skill sets.
· Organize and plan maintenance work assignments appropriately and at the appropriate time, utilizing the planning and scheduling resources available.
· Champion Safety objectives, striving for zero incidents and ensure a people centered safety culture exists within the department.
· Develop and/or executes effective training plans to further develop team members skills and knowledge to achieve proper execution of OJT and operating procedures.
· Identify and pursue continuous improvement opportunities to reduce manufacturing costs in the production areas.