Graham Packaging is a worldwide leader in the design, manufacture, and sale of technology-based, customized blow-molded plastic containers for the branded food and beverage, household, personal care/specialty, and automotive lubricants product categories. The company has an extensive blue-chip customer base that includes many of the world’s largest branded consumer products companies and it produces more than 20 billion container units annually at 97 plants in North America, Europe, and South America, and sales reaching $3 billion.
We have an opportunity for an experienced Electrical Mechanical Maintenance Technician in our Fremont, OH facility for the continuous night shift operation. The primary function of this position is to maintain, repair and troubleshoot very complex blow mold or injection mold equipment and other high speed manufacturing equipment including conveyor systems, palletizing, strapping equipment compressors, chillers and installing electrical and wiring systems.
Specific Duties include performing the duties as the most skilled electrical mechanical specialist in the facility but are not limited to:
• Repair and maintain machinery and mechanical equipment such as conveyors systems, hydraulic equipment, pneumatic equipment, compressors, chillers, dryers, cooling towers, etc.
• Perform repairs on electrical or electronic instruments as directed by the Maintenance Lead.
• Perform preventative maintenance on all production equipment.
• Install electrical wiring systems to handle required loads for various pieces of equipment, installing proper safety devices and providing necessary outlets and switches. Perform electrical troubleshooting.
• Install and wire industrial automation line controls and integrate with existing network.
• Troubleshoot, program and repair robotic equipment.
• Conduct periodic tests or checks of all electrical or electronic instruments.
• Identify and report potential equipment and building problems.
Our facility is highly automated and the ideal candidate needs to possess:
• Strong, hands-on PLC and controls experience.
• Proficient troubleshooting skills in hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical and complex mechanical equipment with the capability to diagnose using visual and auditory senses, test components and technical publications.
• A minimum of 5+ years experience in industrial maintenance in a manufacturing environment, plastics background a plus.
• Associates degree from a two-year college or technical school preferred and/or combination of education and/or apprenticeship.
• Ability to use shop equipment and tools (lathe, drill press, mill, cut-off saw, arbor press, hydraulic press, wrenches, chisels, grinders, drills, etc.) as well as analog and digital equipment, voltmeters, ohmmeters and other hand tools.
• Ability to read maintenance manuals, schematics, drawings, parts manuals, catalogs and other maintenance literature.
• Self-motivated and ability to work independently.
• Skill in oral/interpersonal communications.
• Project management skills with the ability to see a project through to completion.
• Ability to meet threshold requirements on validated assessment instrument.
Graham Packaging offers a competitive compensation program and benefits packaging including: medical/dental, paid holidays and vacations, life insurance, 401(k) with match, Flexible Spending Accounts and much more!
Qualified applicants can submit a resume with salary requirements to Kelly.firstname.lastname@example.org or apply on-line at www.grahampackaging.com under the careers tab http://www.grahampackaging.com/#careers_at_Graham.cfm click on “view all employment current opportunities” and use the search function for the Maintenance Technician position in the Fremont, OH location.
Graham Packaging is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate because of race, religion, color, age, gender, national origin, marital status, disability or handicap, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by law.
No phone calls please.
Graham Packaging Company
Drug Free Workplace
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V