Get new similar jobs by email for
We have an excellent opportunity foryou to join a growing global automotive supplier as a Maintenance Technician for 3rd Shift at our Spartanburg, SC location.
Benteler Automotive supplies automotive components, modules and systems to a global customer base. Headquartered in Paderborn, Germany, the company is one of three business units owned by Benteler AG: Automotive, Steel/Tube, and Trade. Benteler AG, with sales exceeding 5.6 billion Euros in 2006, employs more than 22,000 people worldwide. The automotive business, which makes up 75% of total sales turnover, operates from more than 59 plants in 22 countries.
· Duties include the application of one or more craft skills, (i.e. mechanical, electrical, welding, pipe fitting & machining) to install, fabricate, troubleshoot, repair, move & maintain a wide variety of production & related equipment, facilities equipment, buildings and systems at a journeyman level.
· Troubleshoots, repairs, and maintains a wide variety of complex mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic equipment and systems such as motors, pumps, piping systems, conveyor systems, AGVs, PLCs, production machinery and instrumentation equipment.
· Installs new machinery and equipment and moves machinery and equipment to affect layout changes as required. Work may include operations, such as rigging, moving, erecting, aligning, and making necessary hook-ups, placing equipment in proper operating condition.
· Performs preventative maintenance activities of all types, including the most critical types requiring extensive dismantling, re-assemble, and critical adjustment, lubrication, and/or calibration.
· Must have strong industrial maintenance background.
· Strong oral and written communication, excellent computer skills, ability to multi-task and prioritize work requirements, and attention to detail are essential.
· While performing the duties of this job, the associate, is required to stand for extended periods of time without sitting as well as stooping, kneeling, crouching, bending, lifting or crawling.
· Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
· This position may require travel
- 3-5 years experience in general production maintenance including craft skills (i.e., mechanical, electrical, welding, fabrication, and machining) to install, fabricate, troubleshoot, repair, move, and maintain a wide variety of production and related equipment, facilities equipment, buildings, and systems at journeyman level.
· Must provide hand tools and tool box.
· Must have valid Forklift Operator’s license or pass required training
· Must not have a medical condition that would cause a safety hazard while performing assigned duties
Minimum of High Diploma or GED and additional certification in electronics, electrical, HVAC, machining, and mechanical theory is preferred.
Benteler Automotive offers an exciting, advanced work environment with competitive salary and comprehensive benefits. If this sounds like a team you would like to be a part of, qualified candidates can apply online.
Employment agencies that do not have specific approval to recruit for Benteler Automotive should not forward resumes.
Benteler Automotive is an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V.