Get new similar jobs by email for
Facility Connect, a division of The French Company (a National Retail Service Company of 40 years) is hiring a Field Maintenance Technician to service our retail clients.
As a Field Maintenance Technician:
· You will enjoy an employee relationship with an established company – you will NOT be an independent contractor.
· You will perform preventative maintenance services and repairs in large retail and grocery store chains throughout southern Florida.
o Services include pressure washing and servicing/repairing shopping carts and back room equipment.
· You will also collect & upload data and pictures using our proprietary platform.
· Your day will typically start at 4:30 A.M. and entail an eight (8) hour work day, depending upon the retailer being serviced.
· Your schedule will be Monday through Friday with Saturday as an optional work day
· You will be paid piece rate (not by the hour). The more productive and efficient you are, the more money you will make.
· Use of a 5'x8' service trailer
· All major equipment (pressure washer, welding equipment, repair parts, etc.)
· Calendar of clients’ contracted services (No solicitation required on your end)
· Truck and fuel subsidy of $15.00 per day worked
· Mileage reimbursement at $0.485 per mile
· Health care reimbursement (up to $135/month)
· Smart phone reimbursement ($32.50/month)
· Company credit card for hotels
· Paid training (3-5 weeks in the field, 1 week at our corporate office in Ohio)
· Paid vacation
· A truck or van in good working condition with:
o 3,500 pound towing capacity
o Electric brake controller
o 7 pin RV plug
o Ball and hitch
o Pickup truck must have a bed cap or hard, locking tonneau cover
· Hand tools:
o Sockets - Ratchets
o Pliers – channel locks
o Drill (cordless &/or battery)
o Other miscellaneous hand tools as needed
· Smart phone (Android or iOS – not Windows)
· Basic computer skills
· Overnight travel – typically between 5-10 nights/month, but this will fluctuate as needed
o You will use a company issued credit card for hotels, mileage is reimbursed every two weeks.
· Welding experience is helpful (we can train if needed)
This career is set up very much like running your own business – without all the headaches of business ownership. This is a unique, autonomous work opportunity for someone who loves to travel and work with their hands!
Due to the large number of applicants we request no phone calls, please.