Get new similar jobs by email for
Managed Services Network engin...
Modis is currently seeking a Managed Services Network Engineer Job in the Elk Grove, CA Area
If you think you have what it takes for this job and meet the requirements below please contact me directly Neil Corp firstname.lastname@example.org
Managed Services Network Engineer
Our Client. Is an established and rapidly growing virtualization/IT network systems integrator providing turnkey solutions to the private and commercial market. We provide a broad range of solutions that address critical organizational needs, such as enterprise converged networks, IT security, VoIP, telecommunications backbone networks, and all types of virtualized solutions.
We are looking for a Network Engineer to work within our managed services team that can thrive in a challenging and rewarding environment. This person will help design, implement, troubleshoot, analyze, and maintain networks. This person will be comfortable interfacing with customers as this is a consulting position.
• Configures, tests, and maintains LAN/WAN equipment and related services
• Identifies, diagnoses, and resolves network problems
• Create and maintain comprehensive documentation for all implemented networks
• Provide pre-sales and post-sales technical support
• Assist in preparation of proposals and solution presentations
• Maintain and support company’s LAN/WAN environment
• Windows and Linux systems, business applications, anti-virus protection, email,
And authentication administration
• Daily maintenance and problem resolution, operating system patches and software
Upgrades and routine hardware configuration
• Must be available to participate in 24x7 on-call rotation
• Obtain and maintain required certifications for partnership with key vendors
We offer an outstanding career development opportunity, a competitive salary along with full comprehensive benefits. We are looking for individuals with a team player attitude, strong drive for career growth and a passion for excellence in client delivery, support and satisfaction.
Our Client Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to supporting and retaining a diverse and talented workforce.
Desired Skills & Experience
• Hands-on experience implementing and administrating network devices, setting and maintaining policies and rights/security within a Windows Server 2008 environment:
- Juniper, Cisco, HP, and Dell & Force10 network switches, routers, and VPN
-Wireless Access Points
-HP, Dell server platforms
-Windows Server 2000/2003/2008 Active Directory
-Symantec Back-Up Exec software and related backup tape drive solutions
-Previous responsibility for providing customer support
• Demonstrable level of competence including:
-A thorough understanding of the OSI network model, Ethernet, and TCP/IP
-A practical level of experience implementing and administrating common
TCP/IP-based services, including DNS, DHCP, HTTP, FTP, SSH, SMTP, etc.
-Working knowledge of common network monitoring and security utilities
-Troubleshooting focused on determining hardware vs. software, hardware vs.
Firmware, software vs. operating system, network vs. application/systems, and
Patterned vs. non-repeatable problems
• 3+ years of network administration mandatory
• Ability to prioritize and multitask
• Willingness to learn new technologies and maintain industry knowledge
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Excellent customer presentation skills
• Bachelor’s degree (preferably engineering related)
• Current CCNA or CCNP strongly preferred
• Ability to lift, carries, and moves all components of PC workstations, servers,
Network equipment, peripherals, and other ancillary equipment
• Ability to travel 50-75% of the time, within 100 miles of Elk Grove
Our Client Technologies implements technology solutions to resolve client business challenges. We provide just the right mix of strategic business and technology sensibilities along with the hands-on management skills. We provide capabilities in 3 key service areas.
We have the skill-sets to design and deploy virtual architectures that are aligned with the business needs of our clients. Our technology independence allows us to specify systems that meet our client’s needs based on their unique situations.
Whether you need infrastructure or cloud monitoring, cloud services or a complete IT department at your service, Our Client provides a monthly service contract suitable to the business requirements of our clients.
Enterprise hardware and software solution sales are a key support area for projects and the clients we support. Our Client both recommends and implements the solutions for our clients. Our Client provides high level feedback to manufacturers and advises on councils to guide and influence manufacturers in the best interests of the client markets we support.