The Manager, Agency Training has a matrix reporting relationship to the local Managing Director and the territorial Director, Agency Training.
This position is responsible for the implementation of the FPA and CDP Development Curriculum for the first 24 months as developed by Recruiting and Professional Development consistent with the Franchise Integrity Model including the relationship sales process, marketing training and activities and marketing plans. One of the primary roles of the Manager, Agency Training is to increase the marketing and sales skills of FPAs and CDP associates.
Key objectives for this position include:
- Overseeing the FPA training curriculum for the first 24 months including pre-production licensing and certification, organization and control of the monthly agency training calendar, overseeing field work and the training and coaching of new sales professionals in their development, with a focus on relationship-based sales, cross-selling and marketing and sales skills.
- Monitoring the agency graduation (scholarship) rate.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
The Manager, Agency Training is responsible for reviewing tools that provide insight into marketing opportunities such as the FPA and CDP candidate’s selection book analysis, and providing feedback to the MD and MFS regarding the quality and suitability of the Candidate Selection materials.
Responsible for creating, maintaining and integrating consistent delivery of training in all offices, including detached and participants in the Gemini Program, for Financial Professional Associates in their first 24 months and CDP associates. While e-Learning will be the primary vehicle for product training, the MAT will be the primary local support for fundamental basic life product questions and will be accountable for ensuring FPAs have a minimum proficiency of understanding the Life product.
* Strong communication, facilitation, interpersonal, problem solving and team building skills
* Proven proficiency in relationship driven sales process and selling skills
* Strong working knowledge of the Targeted Relationship Marketing program and concepts
* Ability to coordinate and deliver training in various locations
* Proven ability to transfer skills and knowledge; track record of success in developing others
* Ability to assess development needs of new sales professionals (0-24 months)
* Demonstrated proficiency in technology applications including distance-learning tools.
* Proven leadership skills; ability to influence others
* Achievement orientation; track record of success in previous roles
* Problem-solving/organization and time management skills
* Presentation/verbal communication skills
* Active in professional and community organizations
* Maintain all appropriate licenses as required by the company
* Knowledge of financial services products and markets
* 2-4 years of financial services experience
* Industry designations or currently pursuing (CLU, ChFC, LUTC, CTLC)
* Understand access rules to out brokerage products
* 4-year college degree preferred
The Prudential Insurance Company of America, Newark, NJ and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers and are committed to diversity in its workforce. Prudential is an Employer that participates in E-Verify.
NR Ed. 2/2013