Get new similar jobs by email for
Manager, Database Administrati...
Reporting to the Director of Technology Operations, the DBA Manager will contribute to the overall engineering, design, build and high level support of all existing and new Microsoft SQL Server systems (SQL 2005/2008/2012). As the Manager of the Technology Operations Production DBA team, the successful candidate will need to work closely with our internal clients to develop consensus and find solutions to problems facing their business constituents.
This is a hands-on manager role. He/she will work with all of the IT development teams to assist in the implementation, management, development and monitoring of the databases that supports the company's IT data integration initiatives. Strong people skills and the ability to balance a large workload is key.
• Manage a team of 3 full time production DBAs
• Responsible for ensuring availability and performance of all existing databases.
• Work to ensure that the proper hardware resources are allocated to the databases, and to ensure high resilience and performance tuning.
• To proactively monitor the database systems to ensure secure services with minimum downtime.
• Responsible for providing trend analysis to management team to enable them to make informed decisions regarding resource management.
• Responsible for troubleshooting and problem solving SQL development issues.
• Responsible for improvement and maintenance of all databases, to include rollout and upgrades.
• Responsible for implementation and release of database changes according to agreed timescales and costs.
• This is a 24x7 card processing environment. On-call / off-hours deployments and support will be required.
• Minimum of two (2) years managing a small team of DBAs.
• Minimum of six (6) years of in-depth SQL Server Database Administration experience
• Extensive experience managing multiple MS SQL 2005/2008/2012 servers on enterprise-class server clusters running Windows 2003/2008
• Strong self-sufficiency and initiative working on Database projects
• Practical experience in monitoring and tuning a database to provide a high availability service.
• Experience with T-SQL, OLAP, DTS, SSIS and stored procedures
• Practical experience in managing internal and external Microsoft SQL Server database security
• Strong knowledge of Multi-Instance implementations and methodologies
• Experience with Replication, Log Shipping, and Database Mirroring
• Knowledge of SQL Service Broker
• Understanding of High Availability, Business Continuity, and Disaster Recovery concepts as they relate to Open Systems architecture