Manager, Electrical Development QualityLocation: Sylmar, CA 91342
Status: Full Time Employee
Job Category: Quality Assurance/Safety
Career Level: Manager (Manager/Supervisor of Staff)
Company: St. Jude Medical, Inc.
Manager, Electrical Development Quality
At St. Jude Medical every one of us plays a role in our collective ability to save and improve lives. As an organization, we want to continue to grow and lead our industry in changing the way the world views the treatment of expensive, epidemic diseases. By seeing things from a different perspective, using our imagination, leading with character, and working with passion, we all have a role to play in making what we do possible. Are you ready to join us? We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
We are seeking an experienced, high caliber Electrical Development Quality Manager to plan and manage a functional team of Electrical Development Quality engineers. The Electrical Development Quality Manager leads a team involved in product development, test method validation, design verification and validation (including hands-on test execution), and sustaining design support.
Employees act on their strong desire to make a difference, partner with others and put ideas into action. Employees are engaged by a work culture that is team-oriented, fast paced and progressive.
Impact this role will have on St. Jude Medical:
Your experience(s), education and knowledge will further expand St. Jude Medical’s marketplace success:
- Drives design quality, reliability, and compliance to standards and regulations.
- Manages and directs a team of Development Quality Engineers focused on electrical system and hardware elements.
- Defines a strategy to ensure all appropriate development programs are properly resourced with the right expertise, accounting for future development programs and adapting to unforeseen changes.
- Has authority to make resource, schedule and performance commitments for assigned efforts and is accountable for results.
- Responsible for ensuring proper processes and procedures are used, and drives both process and procedural improvements to maintain compliance and increase efficiency.
- Develops and maintains a proper training plan applicable to the functional team.
- Acts as mentor to staff to develop solutions and resolve complex problems that could significantly impact organization budgets or commitments.
- Exercises judgment in planning and organizing work; monitors performance and reports status.
- Builds a strong collaborative partnership with Research & Development to ensure cross-functional customer needs are met without creating barriers to development cost, time and scope.
Your preferred qualifications and education:
- Bachelor level degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering, or similar.
- 5-10 years’ experience in a degree-related field.
- Experience with analog/digital circuit design and analysis, plus knowledge of electronic instruments.
- Experience with product development (in a Development or Quality role), test method development and validation, test execution, failure analysis and risk management.
- Experience with quality systems and standards compliance.
- Strong experience managing people in a high pressure, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written analytical/problem solving, communication, negotiation, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Advanced personal computing skills, including report writing, and familiarity with common MS Office applications.
- Advanced degree in Electrical, Electronics or Systems Engineering.
- Experience in the implantable medical device field.
- Experience with EMI/EMC, Coexistence, and/or MR environment exposure on active implantable medical devices (simulation and testing).
- Familiarity with FDA/ ISO standards and regulations.
- ASQ CE or other professional certifications.
St. Jude Medical is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce across all spectrums, including opinion and experience. We seek out creative, conscientious, confident individuals who thrive on taking initiative. In return for those qualities, we offer outstanding compensation, comprehensive benefits and opportunities for professional growth.