Get new similar jobs by email for
Manager Global Supply Chain De...
At Mattel, our vision is Creating the Future of Play. We strive to achieve this vision primarily through our creative and enthusiastic employees who DARE to be innovative, and THRIVE in a friendly and fast-paced environment. Mattel is committed to developing employees and supporting their career goals, helping them GROW with a host of meaningful experiences and learning opportunities. And by promoting a culture of BALANCE that emphasizes working passionately and taking time to play often, we are proud of how our employees LEAD by example in all that they do!
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We are currently seeking a Manager of Global Supply Chain Development at our Corporate Headquarters in El Segundo CA. The Supply Chain Manager will cover the following responsibilities for the OTIF (on time, in full) working core team:
· Mentor or facilitate Mattel global market and brand teams to document current business processes, identify gaps, propose enhancements and conduct a gauge R&R in order to implement the OTIF (on time, in full) supply chain metric
· Work with the global teams to identify the root cause for orders that are not filled completely or are not on time
· Mentor and support teams in analyzing data and identifying the critical x’s (root cause)
· Help determine if the root cause problem requires a “just do it” session, lean project, six sigma project or if it requires another approach to solve it
· Facilitate “just do it” meetings and lead or mentor Six Sigma projects to execute projects on critical x’s
The position requires a very good analytical, project planning, change management, communication, relationship building and leadership skills. Being culturally sensitive is also very important. Some of the challenges that this position will confront are:
· Every market has a very different order management, forecasting and logistics processes compared to the other markets. It will require time and effort to study these market processes and understand the gaps to calculate OTIF.
· Managing this project will require collaboration with lot of teams and personnel in various time zones and functions to make sure tasks are allocated well and milestones are delivered on. This will require very good project management skills.
· Because this person will be working with teams around the world and in various functions, it will be challenging to bring everyone together towards the end goal. Therefore, this person will need to have very good communication and relationship building skills to build trust and get results.
· The amount of data that is being processed for this metric is very large. It will be challenging to get the right data from the IT systems and analyze a large amount of data manually.
· Determining root cause analysis is also going to be a challenge. This activity will take a lot of meetings and phone calls with customer service, planning and logistics teams in the individual markets to investigate why we missed certain orders in a particular period of time. Doing this on a regular basis will require a lot of time and effort and good communication/relationship skills.