Lucas Systems, Inc. is the fastest-growing provider of voice-directed logistics solutions that help retailers, wholesale distributors, and manufacturers improve warehouse operations. Our software solution, Jennifer™ VoicePlus, provides a rapid return-on-investment for our customers by helping workers do their jobs more efficiently and accurately using real-time voice-recognition software running on mobile, industrial computers. Jennifer is used by Fortune 50 companies like Kraft Nabisco, Caterpillar and Cardinal Health, large private distributors like C&S Wholesale Grocers and Republic National Distributing Company, and a range of other leading retailers (CVS, Victoria’s Secret, Office Max, Do It Best), manufacturers (Tastykake, Rust-Oleum) and distributors across industries.
Lucas is a unique organization, offering the dynamic, collaborative, and innovative working environment of a smaller company, but with the financial stability and industry presence typically associated with larger firms.
Lucas Systems, Inc. is currently looking for a Technical Lead, Software Services. The Technical Lead, Software Services holds an important leadership role within the organization. This position will interact with a number of business units, including Project Management, Product Management, Engineering, and Sales.
- Oversees Lucas’ 24/7/365 software support department providing post-implementation customer support by addressing production outage issues, detecting and diagnosing problems, offering technical advice and disseminating information to customers and staff.
- Provides trouble-shooting guidance to team members responsible for 1st line support
- Leads software support group to ensure customer service satisfaction is achieved; results are monitored; and support process compliance is met in accordance with established policies and procedures
- Strives to improve software support quality by suggesting and implementing changes when necessary
- Solicits feedback from customer base and provides input to product group on new features and functionality
- Provides feedback to professional services group on training best practices
- Trains and mentors department staff to maintain high-quality technical support standards
- Works with customers to specify, quote, design and code customer product enhancements
- Performs programming and implementation of customer-specific enhancement requests as appropriate to be executed within the support department
- Identifies new business opportunities with existing customers
- Proactively develops and maintains customer relationships, visits operational sites as appropriate, benchmarks best practices and analyzes information to facilitate support effectiveness and efficiency
- Provides periodic after hours helpline support via cellphone
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, IT, IS, MIS, or similar degree or possess equivalent experience
- Ideally 3+ years of experience in a related field such as programming, technical customer support, or QA
- Solid working knowledge of, or debugging experience in .NET, preferably C# (strong Java skills will also be considered)
- Experience and practice in T-SQL (preferably MS SQL Server) with experience in writing and debugging stored procedures
- General understanding of SQL Server 2005/2008 maintenance and basic administration
- Knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to relate to both high-level IT personnel and end users
- Minimal travel involved
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to work and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Prior technical customer support leadership experience
- Understanding of Microsoft IIS and FTP
- Familiarity with Microsoft Team Foundation Server
Location: Wexford, PA
Please submit cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: email@example.com
Lucas Systems, Inc. 11279 Perry Highway, 4th Floor Wexford, PA 15090 www.lucasware.com
No phone calls or agencies please