Get new similar jobs by email for
Insurance Sales Agent - Retail
This position is with MAPFRE Insurance located in Bell, CA. The schedule for this position is Monday – Friday from 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. and every other Saturday from 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Generate, sell and submit profitable MAPFRE Insurance new auto policies from a centralized kiosk to consumers in various retail locations. Provide accurate rate quotations and appropriate insurance coverage information to qualified prospects to achieve assigned goals. Inform potential or current customers of new products/service introductions and prices.
· Education: High School or equivalent knowledge or related experience.
· Experience: 0 - 1 years.
· Knowledge: Solid understanding of general and technical parts of the job. Working knowledge in field, able to work independently.
· Decision Making: Makes decisions within position standards, generally applying defined guidelines and procedures. However, some interpretation may be required in dealing with exceptions, such as choosing from two or more pre-defined alternative courses of action.
· Supervision Received: Works under general supervision for routine work. Detailed or specific instructions may be given for new activities or assignments.
· Leadership: Works as an individual contributor. May participate in training less experienced staff.
· Problem Solving /Operations/Direct Work Involvement: Applies knowledge to help solve routine problems requiring independent thinking with direction.
· Client Contacts: Contacts other departments and or external organizations or parties frequently. Contacts involve obtaining or providing information on matters which may be sensitive and or complex to interpret.
If not licensed, must obtain a Personal Lines Producer license to sell in the respective state within 30 to 45 days of hire, and be able to meet continuing educational courses to maintain license.
Depending on retail location, bilingual skills in Spanish may be required.
Strong attention to detail and accountable for maintaining accurate records.
Excellent verbal communication skills, and PC skills required.
About MAPFRE Insurance:
We are a leading property and casualty insurer committed to recognizing our employees as our most valuable resource. We are focused on attracting, developing, engaging and retaining quality employees to ensure mutual success. We offer competitive wages and benefits including: Health, Dental, Life, PTO, Holidays, 401(k), Profit Sharing, STD/LTD, Tuition Reimbursement, Flexible work schedules and a Casual attire environment.
Our Employee Value Proposition:
We have earned a solid reputation as a "great place to work." Our employees have stated that we offer the following:
Competitive Total Compensation/Benefit Package
Financially Stable Company
Future Career Opportunities
Convenient Company Locations
Quality Management and Colleagues
Strong People Management Practices
Quality Senior Leadership Reputation
If this position/job title is not posted on our website, please apply for future openings. To view complete job descriptions and apply, please visit jobs.mapfreinsurance.com
To apply for this position, please click the "Apply" button below.
An Equal Opportunity Employer