25 Fastest-Growing Technology Companies - #19 in 2012(Forbes
100 Best Small Companies in America - #14 in 2011 (Forbes
International Business Award for Company of the Year in the field of Computer Services - 2011
About Quality Systems, Inc.
As medical offices, dental practices and hospitals shift to a paperless platform, the highly talented employees of QSI and our NextGen Healthcare subsidiary are helping to guide the way. We're dedicated to improving patient care and reducing healthcare costs by providing innovative and award-winning technology systems and services as well as the highest standard of client satisfaction. Our extraordinary success has been built upon nearly 40 years pioneering the field of health information technology, and we are honored to have been recognized by numerous third-parties along the way. We have ranked on Forbes list of America's 100 Best Small Companies for 11 consecutive years, and, for the past three, garnered a prestigious spot on its list of America's Fastest-growing Tech Companies alongside leading, Silicon Valley tech giants. In addition, we recently earned an International Business Award for Best Computer Services Company.
It's an exciting time to join our dynamic team. If you are passionate about making a meaningful difference within the fast-growing and challenging environment of an industry leader, opportunities abound.
Manager, Web Development - (Irvine, CA)
QSI/NextGen Healthcare builds software that improves patient care and reduced healthcare costs. Now we’re bringing the best of the cloud, social media and mobile to healthcare. Come build the future with us!
Please visit our website at: www.qsii.com.
The Manager of Web Development is an experienced, hands-on web development manager who will oversee the development of our Dental Web based solution. They must have a strong background in the design, development, deployment and operation of scalable, high-performance ASP.NET websites. You will lead, mentor, and manage a team of web developers to work on a wide range of projects and deliver high-quality code in a fast-paced environment. If you're technical self-starter who can coach and mentor a team of developers, make technical/strategic decisions, and roll-up your sleeves and contribute code, then read on!
- Design, architect, develop and implement new features to our ASP.NET/SQL environment while leading a team to maintain existing production environment
- Manage and oversee design team
- Conduct code reviews with internal employees and external consultants
- Respond to customer inquiries, effectively communicate critical problems and discuss resolutions with management
- 7+ years of hands-on experience architecting and implementing web applications using ASP.NET
- 3+ years of experience as technical leader or team manager leading small to medium-sized teams through the development cycle
- 5+ years of ASP.NET, VB.NET, C# and SQL Server development/experience
- Fundamental knowledge of all web/mobile/social industry standard tools and best practices, coupled with a basic understanding of how technology influences strategic business direction
- Extensive experience with SQL databases including database/schema design and query optimization
- Strong familiarity working in Windows Server environments, and build/deployment/ operational challenges, and agile development practices
- Firm understanding of software development fundamentals, best practices and design patterns
- Self-starter with an ability to manage remote teams in a collaborative, engaged, enthusiastic manner
- Highly organized, with excellent attention to detail
- Creative and analytical problem-solver, able to manage multiple priorities and deadlines in a dynamic, fast- paced environment
- Excited about learning and evangelizing new technologies and processes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience unit testing in .NET (i.e.: NUnit)
- Experience with testing client-side code (i.e.: Selenium)
- Experience in Dental or Health Care industry
Required Education (including certifications):
QSI/NextGen Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status. Females and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Because QSI/NextGen believes in providing a safe work environment, we conduct drug and background checks in our recruiting/hiring processes. AA/EOE, M/F/D/V.
See Job Description