Quantum Technologies, Inc., an industry leader in the design and manufacturing of alternative fuel systems for automotive applications, has an opening for a Manufacturing Engineer at our Lake Forest, CA facility. Quantum offers a challenging work environment, opportunities for growth, salaries commensurate with experience, relocation, and a competitive benefits package. Visit our web site at www.qtww.com for additional information on the company. Please apply for this posting with the Monster Apply button. EEO/AA/Vets/Disabled Employer
Position: Manufacturing Engineer
Reporting To: Senior Manager, Manufacturing Engineering
Employee must possess manufacturing engineering expertise in the field of automotive and/or gaseous components. Responsible for analyzing and measuring manufacturing processes to achieve the company’s quality, cost, and schedule objectives.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for day-to-day production output of a variety of Advanced Propulsion Systems product lines.
2. Develops methodology and prepares economic analysis capacity studies for justification of new manufacturing facilities and equipment.
3. Plans and establishes manufacturing project schedules and follows up on actual performance against estimates.
4. Introduces advanced manufacturing techniques or unique solutions to unforeseen manufacturing problems.
5. Adopt and implement the Quality Assurance Procedures-QAP and Departmental Work Instructions-DWI.
6. Work with engineering product development teams to integrate design for manufacturability (DFM) and design for assembly (DFA) principles early in the product development cycle.
7. Work with engineering product development teams to prepare design/process failure modes & effects documents (DFMEAs & PFMEAs).
8. Establish production assembly costs targets, with senior management approval, and have responsibility to meet those targets.
9. Review and sign-off engineering drawings.
10. Develop and maintain process flow documents, shop routers, visual instruction documents, and act as shop liaison ensure shop routers are consistent with process flow requirements.
11. Develop manufacturing processes and perform prototype runs to fulfill product design requirements and establish parameters for production processes.
12. Act as site liaison to Quality personnel to assist in providing discrepant and material disposition, root cause analysis, and the creation and follow-up of corrective action plans.
Education and/or Experience:
Required: Minimum of BSME Degree
3 to 5 years manufacturing engineering experience working with automotive or gaseous components.
Preferred: Automotive component manufacturing experience related to automation, assembly line design and startup. Current experience in welding technologies, metal detail assembly and/or high pressure gaseous components. Fabricating plastic components would also be a plus such as injection molding, blow molding, roto-molding and composite materials (RTM, fiber placement etc).
Physical Job Requirements:
Endurance: Frequent standing/walking; shop floor activities, visiting suppliers