The Manufacturing Engineer will be supporting our filling operation for the Clinical Diagnostic Division which makes diagnostic reagents for medical instruments. This person will provide support to manufacturing departments for the design, fabrication, modification, and evaluation of parts, assemblies, components, sub-assemblies, tooling, and final products.
- Utilizes knowledge of engineering principles in connection with executing responsibilities, which responsibilities include process improvement, problem resolution, project management, and employee training.
- Provides support to manufacturing departments by collecting and processing information related to assigned projects, evaluating all information and alternatives, preparing and presenting plans, and recommending a course of action to management.
- Prepares cost estimates for labor, tooling, and equipment and prepares appropriation requests.
- Coordinates manufacturing launch for new or revised products/processes, including the deployment and training of team members.
- Designs and/or procures equipment/machines/tools.
- Monitors performance of equipment/machines/tools and manufacturing processes.
- Evaluates and approves drawings, routings, manufacturing instructions, specs, and other documents.
- Prepares/manufactures prototypes and participates in design reviews, as required, utilizing the principles of concurrent engineering.
- Analyzes and solves a range of engineering problems from basic technical problems to complex problems that require: the analysis of situations or data; an in-depth evaluation of various factors; and/or a new, innovative approach or breakthrough in technology.
- Manages (i.e., plans, organizes, and executes) project assignments of varying complexity; prioritizes projects; determines project goals; maintains project schedule and tracks project milestones; selects methods and techniques to lead a project to completion; and evaluates outcomes.
- Assists Senior Manufacturing Engineers with manufacturing processes, line layouts, fixture design, equipment validations (IQ/OQ), FAT, capability studies, documentation, LEAN techniques, etc.
- Assists Engineering with design, development, improvement, and cost reduction of new and existing products
- Assesses and resolves packaging problems arising in production or in the field.
- Initiates studies designed to minimize packaging costs while maintaining or enhancing appearance.
- Meets plant individual performance expectation focusing on Quality, Safety and Delivery.
- Assures all teams are in the adherence to all Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP).
- Assures compliance with corporate site and regulatory policies, practices and guidelines.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field. Minimum 4 years experience in manufacturing engineering.
- Business casual office environment
- Significant time each day spent in GMP manufacturing environment in which designated PPE will be required.
- Position will require sitting and standing.
- Employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Must be able to design and modify fixturing and equipment
- Must have experience with packaging processes, packaging equipment, and high volume automation
- Good organizational and project management skills
- Excellent problem solving and written/verbal communication skills
- Excellent computer skills (MSOffice®) to run data analysis of packaging solutions
- Working knowledge of mainframe MRP/ERP systems (SAP® is a plus)
- Working knowledge of engineering graphics (i.e. AutoCAD®)
This position has been approved for Relocation Assistance.