At Nippon Sharyo Manufacturing, LLC, we know that our future success and growth depend on hiring the right people, for the right jobs, at the right time. We continuously seek the most talented, qualified, committed and diverse individuals to join our team.
Our organization provides the opportunity to build the foundation for the next decade of passenger railcar manufacturing. We will accomplish this through fostering harmony between people and their environment by creating products that support social and industrial progress.
If you are an individual that is never satisfied with the status quo and seeks to join a leader in the industry with over 115 years of experience, then we invite you to explore and apply.
Plans and designs methods to improve and/or implement manufacturing production processes for passenger railcar(s). Reviews existing processes and develops solutions to increase productivity, reduce costs and eliminate warranty concerns, while assuring compliance with approved production methods, quality standards and safety.
· Analyze highly complex manufacturing processes for passenger railcar(s) that includes improvements in process, equipment, layout, tooling, fixtures, procured material and personnel instruction
· Document, implement and maintain drawings, technical guidance(s) and work instruction(s)
· Conduct root cause analysis studies and implement corrective actions that exceeds quality and production capacity requirement(s) while staying in budget and maintaining and/or improving operator safety
· Establish acceptance criteria for process implementation, tools, equipment, material, etc.
· Assist in instructing, training and answering product and process specific questions for personnel at all levels of the organization including customer(s) and vender(s)
· Assist design engineering with manufacturability studies, conducting pilot runs and developing quotes and cost estimates
· Serve as a technical resource and liaison to all levels of the organization in regards to existing product(s), new product(s) and processes
· Maintains up to date knowledge on latest technological developments and implements findings into new and existing processes
· Follow all company policies, procedures and safety rules
· Maintain work area in a clean and orderly condition
· Perform other duties as assigned
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Mechanical or Electrical preferred
· 2 years of manufacturing experience
· Proven project management skills
· CAD experience
· Ability to design and conduct controlled experiments
· Ability to read blueprints
· Ability to read electrical schematics
· Ability to problem solve
· Strong project management skills
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and oral
· Strong team player
· Strong computer skills (i.e. Microsoft Office and CAD software, etc.)
· Proven Leadership Skills
· Specialized manufacturing knowledge of manual mechanical and electrical processes
· Knowledge of passenger railcar manufacturing