Get new similar jobs by email for
Process Engineer - Fiber Optic...
Process Engineer responsible for the planning, setup, and operation of a high-reliability optics electro-mechanical assembly operation with an ultimate goal of achieving world-class expertise and capabilities for a low volume, high reliability military/aerospace setting. Must be able to recognize program needs, specify equipment and facility requirements, develop and document robust assembly processes, and train assembly personnel. Must apply comprehensive continuous improvement strategies to obtain a very high level of quality and reliability in assembly. Will be the authority on the production of fiber optic assemblies and will also act as the manufacturing technical liaison during technology transfer efforts.
- Develop fiber optic assembly processes including splicing (large area mode), mechanical assembly, and test.
- Develop best optical manufacturing processes and train assembly technicians.
- Document comprehensive assembly and test procedures for system as well as subassembly levels.
- Act as assembly processes technical liaison during technology transfer.
- Perform root cause failure analysis and preventive action in response to design and assembly challenges.
- Continuous improvement of manufacturing processes to facilitate NPI to volume production.
- BS in related field and 5-10 years of experience in fiber optics assembly and test.
- Must have working knowledge in the field of optical communications including understanding of optical components, active devices, test equipment, and fixturing.
- Experience with various fiber handling and splicing equipment required.
- Familiarity with optics test equipment is required.
- Familiar with various thermal cameras, power supplies, oscilloscopes, optical power meters, voltage and current monitors, and photodiodes.
- Experience with LEAN manufacturing and 5S a plus.
- Ability to work in a low volume, high mix, high reliability military/aerospace environment.
U.S. Citizenship, Pre-Employment Drug Screen, Background Check, and the ability to obtain a Secret Clearance required.