JOB TITLE: Manufacturing Manager
REPORTS TO: Operations Manager
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
Utilizes education, experience and technical knowledge to provide leadership and training with regard to manufacturing methods, production systems and processes, procedures, personnel development and Continuous Improvement. Improves manufacturing performance. Works closely with other functions in facility.
Follows all procedures and forms in compliance with ISO 9001
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Improves performance in key manufacturing metrics.
- Leads efforts in Continuous Improvement Program.
- Leads recruitment, hiring, development, motivation, and retention of excellent talent.
- Utilizes world class statistical methods and Six Sigma methodology. DMAIC
- Works with Design and Mfg. Engineering to improve manufacturing processes.
- Leads effort to improve labor efficiency through sound lean practices. Works closely with manufacturing/industrial engineering.
- Supports product development and new product launch. Works with Quality, Sales/Marketing and Design Engineering.
- Full functional knowledge of how to determine special vs. common failures.
- Able to protect the customer from poor quality. Type I vs. Type II errors.
- Ability to prioritize and communicate top priorities through Pareto principle.
- Ability for root cause analysis and implementation of irreversible corrective actions and preventative actions.
- Error proofing hierarchy techniques.
- Uses data for decision making.
- Working knowledge and fully developed relationship with other functions in area of responsibility in order to optimize cross-functional communication and cooperation.
- Helps to develop department budgets.
- Plans, schedules and directs Supervisors and hourly labor.
- Monitors employee performance, writes reviews and maintains records.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES:
· Ability to walk sit or stand for prolonged periods of time.
· Ability to lift 25-50 pounds on an occasional basis.
· Excellent communication and presentation skills.
· Basic Math and Computer Skills
QUALIFICATIONS / PRIOR EXPERIENCE:
- Four Year Degree, MBA Preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in manufacturing
- Lean, Six Sigma
- Extensive Computer Skills
WORK ENVIRONMENT/OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be able to use normal office equipment (scanner, printer, copier, computer)
- The work performed is conducted in a climate-controlled facility with moderate noise levels that are within OSHA limits.
The above statement reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified, and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.