We are currently seeking a Shift Supervisor to join our Chicago, IL team. **Will train on first shift, will be a third shift position**
- Motivate and instruct employees, ensuring company policies and procedures are adhered to and administer discipline when necessary
- Creating/updating standard operating procedures and ensuring a safe and sanitary working environment
- Manage direct and coordinate activities on production shift coordinating with planning, scheduling, operations, quality, and budget control
- Assign work to employees and monitor and maximize production yields and efficiencies
- Facilitating hands on safety, quality, and technical training
- Ensure plant goals are met safely and maintain consistency among employees
- Hands on-assist employees with troubleshooting problems and coaching them through improvements and adjustments
- Creating and maintaining Excel reports
Qualified applicants should have:
- 5 or more years experience as a shift supervisor in a manufacturing environment
- Must have working knowledge of production equipment and safety guidelines as well as operating knowledge of work rules, policies, etc. Will work with Union employees.
- Must be able to work well with team of supervisors to accomplish and maintain a high level of operating performance in the facility
- Must have strong experience in using computers, specifically Microsoft Excel and an MRP/ERP system and Outlook
- Must have a strong mechanical aptitude and demonstrated experience resolving mechanical problems
- Proven experience as an effective communicator and problem solver
- Must have strong safety, quality, training, and budgetary knowledge and practice
- Must be willing to commit time, have initiative and drive to obtain Company goals.
Only qualified applicants who submit resumes including salary history/expectations will be considered. EOE *Hours must be flexible in order to cover for vacations, shift changes, business needs, etc. This is a twenty four hour operation Monday through Friday and rotating Saturdays and/or Sundays * Must be willing to work 10:00 p.m. to 8:00 a.m.