- Packages chemical, biological and immunological products manually or with the use of automated equipment in compliance with GMPs and appropriate SOPs.
- Performs duties on the packaging line to prepare and pack materials as needed to produce kits, if required in work area.
- Inspect and monitor all products to ensure that they were produced according to specification.
- Monitor and correct all unsafe conditions in the area immediately.
- Maintain complete, accurate and timely records and logs.
- Responsible for producing quality products.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Special Skills Required:
- High school diploma from an accredited institution or equivalent is required. One year of prior manufacturing experience is required; however, special consideration will be given to individuals working in a temporary capacity in the Middletown manufacturing area and who have exhibited satisfactory attendance and performance.
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude and ability; good math skills including knowledge of metric system
- Familiarity with personal computers and software applications is a plus. Familiarity with SAP transactions is a plus.
- Able to lift heavy product trays weighing up to 45 pounds
- Must be flexible and willing to work overtime and alternate shifts as needs arise.
- Ability to work independently and follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to work effectively with team members at all levels.
- Knowledge of GMP and ISO requirements
- Proven communication skills
- Good attendance history is required.
- Must demonstrate good safety and quality practices and Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, and Involvement