The Market Manager – Municipal Market will have complete responsibility for the commercial performance of the CP&S municipal market reporting to the VP/GM. In this highly visible leadership role, the Market Manager will have direct responsibility for $33 million in current revenue with accountability for aggressive organic growth objectives.
Responsibilities and Duties
Specific responsibilities include:
- Develop and lead major initiatives to achieve aggressive organic growth while raising the bar with respect to channel performance, margin growth, promotion, branding, productivity, business practices and product management.
- Create and maintain on-going initiatives and action plans to simulate organic growth through business modeling, channel development, portfolio management, forecasting, market pricing, voice of the customer, manufacturing requirements, and financial objectives required to support Crane’s Strategic Deployment process.
- Lead the shared sales team to develop channel partners who are committed to growing the in the municipal space. Evaluate effectiveness of the channel partners and make the necessary changes.
- Provide support to the executive team to develop and deliver the multi-year strategic plan for the municipal market to achieve profitable growth and sustainable competitive advantage.
- Improve the consistency, discipline and rigor of sales tactics, practices, and branding by incorporating contemporary sales and account management principles.
- Investigate new product opportunities through competitive assessment and voice of the customer working closely with the Product Manager and the Engineering team through the entire New Product Development process from ideation to launch.
- Build, develop and lead a high-performance driven team positioned to assume market share and achieve their career objectives.
- Partner with Operations to leverage the value stream linkage process for competitive advantage.
- Partner with Marketing Manager and Product Manager to develop new product training materials and literature which positively promotes and positions our products to win in the market.
- Proactively champion Crane Business System initiatives for the market to gain efficiency and improved processes.
- Resolve day-to-day internal and/or external challenges or complaints while anticipating and preventing potential conflicts.
- Position requires approximately 40% travel.
Qualifications and Required Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in business or technical field required.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in sales, marketing, and product management functions for a large, multi-product company with a track record for discipline commercial practices.
- Minimum of 3 years of management experience (direct reports).
· Ability to attract, develop and retain results-oriented strategic sales and marketing talent.
- Self-starter with desire to foster a sense of urgency when addressing customer concerns.
- Proven track record of delivering against stretch goals; has consistently, resourcefully, and organically grown sales.
- A demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement and commercial productivity.
- Independent thinking is required as well as resilience, passion, and high-energy.
- Must demonstrate strong analytical and excellent communication skills (oral and written).
How to Apply
To be considered, please email your resume including salary history and expectations to: