BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company)
The Market Research Manager is responsible for all global market research activities including competitive intelligence for BD instruments and reagent offerings. This role works with internal teams in marketing and business development to understand and define business objectives and customer targets to ensure effective research approach to deliver market and customer insights.
- Supervises the work of research with outside firms to develop, field and report on quantitative or qualitative research. Ensures that projects are effectively executed and adhere to timelines and budget.
- Assists with the development of discussion guides, surveys and final reports to ensure they clearly and accurately reflect study outcomes.
- Forecasts and tracks marketing and sales trends, analyzing collected data.
- Develops and maintains a cadre of market research suppliers to execute studies.
- Develops an annual market research plan in collaboration with marketing leads and brand managers in research Instruments, research reagents, clinical systems and outbound marketing teams.
- Maintains the research budget. Works with internal teams to develop contracts and purchase orders.
- Bachelor’s degree in scientific or business. A background in science or business is preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience in market research, preferably with pharmaceutical or biotechnology firm or in a market research firm working with pharmaceutical or biotechnology clients.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Experience in developing and making presentations to executive management.
- Adept at using technological resources for analysis such as Excel, SPSS, SAS
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration.
- Able to handle multiple tasks concurrently with attention to detail.
*To be considered for this position, please apply.Thank you.
BD, a leading global medical technology company that makes and sells medical devices, instrumented systems and reagents, is dedicated to improving people’s health throughout the world. BD is focused on improving drug therapy, enhancing the quality and speed of diagnosing infectious diseases, and advancing research and discovery of new drugs and vaccines. The Company’s capabilities are instrumental in combating many of the world’s most pressing diseases. Founded in 1897 and headquartered in Franklin Lakes, New Jersey, BD employs more than 25,000 people in approximately 50 countries throughout the world. The Company serves healthcare institutions, life science researchers, clinical laboratories, industry and the general public.