Marketing and Audience Development Manager
Seeking an innovative person tojoin our Events team to work with us to build on company’s reputation for ourpremier events.
The Marketing and Audience Development Manager will implement strategic marketing campaigns to promote the company’s events and forums nationwide. Individual will also be responsible for finding new ways to connect with new audiences and increase customer loyalty by promoting the Events’activities across all media platforms.
- Develop and implement integrated marketing campaigns to promoteour events, collaborating with the event sales team and digital team to develop sales opportunities and creative marketing campaigns to garner sponsors and registrations.
- Act as a key copy writer. Generate persuasive marketing copy for productions and activities.
- Manage messaging across all platforms via print, broadcast, digital and social media, with external organizations and media outlets as appropriate.
- Act as a key contact for the events partners.
- Manage direct campaigns, from generating tailored copy to ensuringtimely and accurate distribution.
- Seek out and manage cross-promotional opportunities with speakers, sponsors, advertisers, etc.
- Oversee team members as it relates to individual assigned marketing efforts.
- Plan and implement social media activities, electronic newsletters, Facebook pages and other social media and promotional outreach, to support the events’ overall priorities and marketing strategy.
- Serve as the point-person in developing and maintainingeach of theevent’s web pages to ensure that all communication aligns with the marketing strategy, ensuring the content is accurate, relevant and in alignment with brand.
- Support the Marketing and Digital teams in making the events asaccessible as possible, to as many people as possible.
- Act as the voice of the Eventattendee, devising new and effectiveways to improve the customer experience and the existing programs
- Initiate outreach strategies to grow audience via tech platforms, including mobile
- Work with designers, vendors and printers in developing marketing and promotional collateral to promote programs, events, and revenue/resource development.
- Network and represent the company at industry events, internalevents and meetings. Establish strong contacts
- Compile post-event content for Sponsorship reports
- Assist the Sponsorship Sales Manager to increase entry-level sponsorship to support the events.
- All other duties as assigned.
- 3-5 years’special event and/or marketing experience
- Experience in creating and implementing successfulintegrated marketing campaignsthat include audience development initiatives
- Experience in digital marketing across e-mail, marketing and social mediachannels
- Ability to travel and move displays and boxes during events.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of all major social media platforms and website management.
- PowerPoint, Excel, and Word are required.
We offer a competitive salary, commensurate with experience, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Please send résumé & cover letter, along with salary requirements to:
Natalie M. Hibbert, VP/Director of Human Resources
260 Madison Avenue
New York, New York 10016
Please visit www.blackenterprise.com