Get new similar jobs by email for
Manager - Clinical Informatics...
Manager, Clinical Infrmatics/Design and Adoption
· Large hospital
· Full time/Perm. Opportunity
Location: Near Azusa
· The Manager, Clinical Informatics/Design and Adoption will be responsible for leading clinical design of information systems and driving user adoption. The Manager will lead a team of clinical design and adoption specialists.
· The Manager will be responsible for establishing functional requirements and ensuring that the system reflects clinical needs of physicians, NPs, PAs, nurses, pharmacists and other clinical professionals at our clients.
· This position requires an individual with excellent collaboration, facilitation, critical thinking, analytical and problem solving skills.
· Demonstrated ability to analyze and reengineer complex workflows in the context of clinical healthcare information systems, in order to maximize operational efficiency and quality is required. This position will represent all users of the clinical systems to ensure a broad clinical perspective and consensus during the content and design phases.
This individual will be responsible for ensuring that clinical systems maximize patient safety, quality of care and operational efficiency.
· Towards this end, this individual will develop plans for high utilization/adoption of technology within redesigned workflows.
· This position will be responsible for ensuring that user experience is constantly improved through user engagement and adoption activities.
· The Manager will lead or participate in committees representing clinical user groups including governance and advisory committees.
· He or she will be the liaison to the Accelerating Care Excellence team and will be the advocate for the use of information technology in the clinical setting.
· Other focus areas for this position include optimization of the production system and development of clinical decision support rules.
· Must excel in the ability to interact, collaborate and build consensus with physicians, nurses, pharmacists and other clinicians as well as researchers, trainees and educators effectively
· Responsible for establishing requirements for clinical information systems.
· -The development of clinical content for the clinical applications.
· -Engagement of user groups and departments to inform clinical content and system design
· -Lead the planning and conduct of clinical design sessions.
· -Ability to analyze and contribute to the reengineering of complex workflows and processes leveraging electronic systems.
· -Will drive integration of the clinical teams supporting clinical applications through establishment of standards and methodologies
· -Promote adoption of information systems to promote user efficiency and optimize user experience
· -Communication with clinical departments to assure user engagement and participation in design and system use
· -Support the clinical process and care model redesign initiatives
· -Support the clinical process and workflow integration of existing, and new clinical applications
· Bachelor’s degree in a clinical field
· Six years of progressive leadership with management experience in implementations of clinical information systems
· At least 5 years exp with Clinical Informatics Desing/Adoption.
· Active physician, nursing or other clinical license
· Master’s Degree in informatics or a clinical field
· Clinical informatics certification