Get new similar jobs by email for
Product Development Engineer, ...
Quantum Technologies, Inc., an industry leader in the design and manufacturing of alternative fuel systems for automotive applications, has an opening for a Product Development Engineer, Mechanical for Gaseous Fuel Systems/High Pressure/CNG - Automotive at our Lake Forest, CA facility. We offer a relocation package. Quantum offers a challenging work environment, opportunities for growth, salaries commensurate with experience and a competitive benefits package. Visit our web site at www.qtww.com for additional information on the company.
Position: Product Development Engineer, Mechanical
Reporting To: Manager, Vehicle Integration
· Mechanical Design and System Development.
· Lead design activities for components and systems.
· Component specification development and vendor selection.
· System mechanization development.
· System bill of material generation and cost analysis.
· Working knowledge of high pressure gas systems.
· DFMEA, DFA, DFM knowledge.
· CAD capability beneficial.
· New product development of high pressure gaseous fuel systems for vehicles.
· Evaluate/develop supplier parts to ensure product meets design targets.
· Lead integration design and analysis of components and systems.
· Liaison to manufacturing, service providers and suppliers to implement designs which are cost effective and manufacturable.
· Establish and execute test protocols per automotive guidelines.
· Ensure program timing is met.
· Adopt and implement the Quality Assurance Procedures-QAP and Departmental Work Instructions-DWI, identified in QEMS Employee Training Matrix located on the LAN.
Education and/or Experience:
· BSME or equivalent (required)
· 2 years Automotive Component or
Sub-System Design Experience (required)
· Experience with high pressure gases (required)
· Hands-on capabilities (required)
· Experience with alternative fuel vehicles (preferred)
· Experience with heavy duty vehicles (preferred)
· Good engineering aptitude (required)
· Program Management (preferred)
Physical Job Requirements:
Work with suppliers, designers, and manufacturing to ensure product meets design intent. Some hands-on prototype development and testing involved. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
APQP systems (required)
Automotive Co-op (preferred)
Unigraphics NX CAD (preferred)
Date Job Description Created/Updated:
Disclaimer: The duties and responsibilities of position may change as need arises. The employee will be notified of the change. Relevant work experience may also be substituted for education or certification, at company’s discretion.