Santa Ana, CA 92701
- Position Type:
Full Time Employee
- Job Category:
It’s an exciting time to join Honeywell!
Interested in a global company?
Look no further…
Mechanical Engineer III
At Honeywell, we look for people driven by a desire to contribute, be challenged and grow. Our people make Honeywell a special company and are a key competitive advantage.
Honeywell International is a $40 billion diversified Fortune 100 leader with more than 131,000 employees in 100 countries around the world. We invent and manufacture technologies that address some of the world’s toughest challenges linked to global macro trends like energy efficiency, clean energy generation, safety and security, globalization and customer productivity.
We are building a world that’s safer and more secure, more comfortable and energy efficient, more innovative and productive. For more information, please visit Honeywell.com or follow us @HoneywellNow.
Honeywell Life Safety (HLS) is part of Automation and Control Solutions (ACS), a $16.6 billion strategic business group of Honeywell. HLS innovates to protect and save lives worldwide every day. It is a global leader in many growing industries, including commercial and industrial fire systems, emergency communications systems, smoke and gas detection, personal protective equipment (PPE), and home and hospital patient monitoring. Its quality products, integrated system solutions, and services make life safer, more comfortable, more secure and more productive in every corner of the world. You can find leading-edge HLS technology in the products, software, and solutions all around you, including at airports, hotels, healthcare institutions, business centers, stadiums, industries, and schools.
Honeywell Safety Products (HSP) is seeking a hands-on Mechanical Engineer to lead our product development team engaged in the exciting area of R&D and production activities related to the field of personal protective equipment. This individual will be responsible to drive various aspects of product development activities including mechanical design, evaluation of new product opportunities, feasibility hardware fabrication, product validation activities, and development and execution of characterization testing. Other responsibilities will include initiating and participating in concurrent engineering efforts, creating and evaluating conceptual designs, technical analysis and resolution of engineering problems on all aspects of mechanical engineering discipline.
In addition to the above requirements, this individual will investigate existing and new technologies, and initiate and perform laboratory testing of competitive products, highlighting differences, strengths and weaknesses, to ensure that product being developed will meet customer expectations.
The successful candidate will work in a global environment and must be able to think globally, allowing for cultural, geographical and even time zone differences to ensure project goals and objectives meet business expectations.
Lead Mechanical Engineering activities at the Santa Ana, CA site, including but not limited to the following:
- Design and development of electro-mechanical elements for SCBA and similar respiratory products.
- Support resolving technical issues of legacy products.
- Rapid Problem Solving System (RPS -- Production Support).
- Engineering analysis, simulations, Tolerance analysis, DoE.
- Organize & Perform design reviews with internal and external experts.
- Supervise a team of mechanical Engineers and provide technical direction.
- Maximize engineering resource efficiency by leveraging existing expertise.
- Leverage global best practices in issue resolution and change management.
- Serve as a source of product technical information to Manufacturing, Marketing, Sales, Customer Service, Technical Support and Quality to support sales, or help address field, quality, and product liability issues. Review technical literature, field quality reports, and non-conforming material reports as required to support these functions.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and drive corrective actions.
- Experience in analyzing and solving complex technical problems and providing solutions that can be implemented in a timely manner.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in R&D of mechanical products.
- A minimum of 3 years of leadership experience leading a team of mechanical engineers.
- Experience leading a minimum of 2 full life cycle New Product Introduction (NPI) projects.
To view and apply for this position, please visit www.careersathoneywell.com and reference job number 247908.
- Knowledge in industrial safety products and regulations.
- Work experience in Personal Protection Equipment (PPE).
- Proficient with manufacturing and assembly processes.
- Excellent coordinating and interacting skills, particularly of cross functional teams on a global basis.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent problem analysis, judgment and technical decision making skills.
- Excellent implementation skills like Planning, Estimation, Execution and Quality check and associated tools.
Interested in Honeywell but this isn’t the right job for you? Join Honeywell’s Talent Network to receive updates on other Honeywell employment opportunities, news and more. Click here to sign up: http://careersathoneywell.com/en/Newsletternew.aspx .
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.