Get new similar jobs by email for
Dymax Corporation, a leader in the Acrylic Adhesive and UV Curing Industry, is seeking a highly motivated, team orientated individual to join our Equipment Engineering department as a Mechanical Engineer.
The Mechanical Engineer will lead the development from concept to engineering release of new products. This role will work with Dymax customers, marketing, and sales teams to define requirements and scope of new products and translate them into working engineering specifications. The Mechanical Engineer will create design layouts in 3D Cad using Solid Works software and perform classical engineering analysis on designs and conduct engineering tests using both conventional engineering analysis and through computer simulation software. This person will also produce detailed engineering and assembly drawings for manufacturing and perform lab testing for verification and conformance of design outputs to meet the design inputs.
- Develop specifications that meet new market opportunities.
- Produce engineering documents to include assembly drawings, installation instructions, user manuals, and engineering test specifications.
- Perform classical engineering analysis on designs, primarily focused on thermal management techniques.
- Lead in the design, development, testing and regulatory compliance of new products or modifications to existing Dymax products.
- Analyze and solve technical problems and provide solutions that can be implemented in a timely manner.
- Investigate new technologies or existing technologies that can be effectively applied to Dymax markets.
- Initiate and perform lab testing of competitive products highlighting differences, strengths and weaknesses.
- Ensure that the products being developed will meet customer expectations
- Analyze field failures, resolving technical related issues involving Dymax products.
- Meet with end user and external customers as needed to understand markets and applications of Dymax products.
- Ensure that products comply with all regulatory standards. Perform review of changes to regulatory standards and implement the subsequent update required to existing products.
- Interact with manufacturing to aid in sustaining efforts surrounding dispense and filling product lines.
- Work as a team member with Sales, Supply Chain, and Operations to accomplish common goals and commitments for completion of product development projects.
- Ensure the successful inspection, assembly, and product launch of new product designs and product improvements
EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering required with experience in thermodynamics and UV/LED based curing.
- Five years of engineering experience, preferably in an industry dealing with the manufacturing, assembly or distribution of UV curing equipment. Strong electro-mechanical experience required.
- Ability to lead projects from concept to commercialization while also performing as the primary design engineer
- Working knowledge and application of 3D CAD Software Solidworks.
- Ability to work independently to design, test and release new products to manufacturing on time.
- Ability to collect and present data, draw results and follow a stage gate product development process.
- Strong interpersonal skills and self-motivation to work in concert with team members to meet deliverables on time
- Strong analytical skills with solid engineering fundamentals.