Leading global manufacturer of packaging equipment and material handling equipment is currently seeking a highly motivated and energetic individual to become a member of our engineering team in our material handling division at our Atlanta office located in Suwanee, GA. Our material handling division has a world class reputation for reliable, high-quality products, and excellent customer relationships.
Reporting directly to the Operations Manager, this position will be a key contributor to the Material Handling Division’s efforts to increase efficiency and product quality, reduce costs, and reduce product cycle times.
Position Description and Responsibilities:
- Assist/Lead the effort to develop and document mechanical test protocols for all in-house built equipment.
- Perform quality control inspections on all in-house built equipment.
- Develop/implement processes to improve the overall assembly of systems, including the development of all appropriate documentation.
- Assist with product training for in-house personnel.
- Implement/Enforce consistency of design approach
- Produce designs for new options and features.
- Develop Bill of Materials (BOMs), schematics and blueprints.
- Assist/Lead cost reduction efforts by standardizing product components and functionality.
- Provide design and troubleshooting support to internal and external customers.
- Review product and system applications and develop optimum system designs.
- Assist in the product development efforts for power and gravity conveyors.
- Four year degree in Engineering; Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering preferred.
- Manufacturing process training and/or training in basic machining.
- Knowledge and understanding of basic mechanical processes.
- Ability to read, interpret and modify prints and schematics.
- Experienced with calculations for the proper material selection of mechanical components.
- Able to produce new Bill of Materials (BOMs) and/or revise existing ones.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and MS Office applications.
- Conveyor (material handling) systems or equipment experience a plus.
- Mechanical and electrical systems hands on troubleshooting experience preferred.
- Responsible and conscientious team player.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Complete and competitive benefits package.
- Salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
We offer a complete and competitive benefits package. Salary commensurate with education and experience.