Established forensic investigations company specializing in product failure analysis for the insurance industry is seeking a licensed mechanical or electrical engineering consultant. Applicant must be a registered Professional Engineer licensed or eligible for license in Tennessee. This position will require working in a varied and flexible working environment directly with our technicians on medium to complex investigations creating accurate, unbiased failure reports following established guidelines.
- Licensed as a Mechanical or Electrical Professional Engineer in the state of TN or willing to obtain TN license in a short period of time
- Must have or be able to obtain the appropriate level of E&O coverage
- Good computer, verbal, and report writing skills
- General understanding of the design of common household appliances and plumbing components
- General understanding of common failure mechanisms, i.e. corrosion, material fatigue, manufacturing defects, etc.
- Project management ability
- A technical curiosity with various product failure analyses in technical terms with the ability to draw a clear conclusion in layman terms
- Ability to support work product in future subrogation/litigation activity
- Cooperate and work well with internal and external clients
- Exercise sound judgment and use common sense
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to new situations in varied working environment
- Able to travel up to 25% of the time