Job Title: Strategic Engagement and Business Development Director
Ethisphere, a leading company dedicated to promoting and measuring best practices in business ethics, governance, risk, compliance and related topics, has an opening for Strategic Engagement and Business Development Director.
Ethisphere is best known for its annual award recognizing company leadership around corporate behavior, known as the World's Most Ethical (WME) Company designation. By gathering proprietary data and benchmarks Ethisphere has become the standard bearer in scoring and measuring companies' ethical business practices, and has expanded scoring and frameworks in key areas including anti-corruption and supply chain risk.
Ethisphere shares this data, as well as ethics and compliance thought leadership to its audiences and communities of senior executives from multinational companies through a global media platform, which includes quarterly publications, Ethics Summits around the world, roundtables, webcasts and digital media.
The key responsibilities of the Strategic Engagement and Business Development Director include:
- Develop and cultivate strategic relationships with prospective client organizations – including senior partners of global professional service and law firms and SVP and C-Suite level of Fortune 1000 companies;
- Manage complete sales cycle of sponsorships across platforms – including print and digital media, conferences and events, and online – from prospecting to closing, and be able to successfully meet revenue goals.
- Clearly and persuasively articulate value proposition and benefits of strategic engagement and sponsorship across Ethisphere’s media platforms;
- Create reporting and forecasting for sales pipeline;
- Work closely with content team to ensure “in the field” customer feedback is shared across the organization;
- Experience and demonstrable success selling to senior partners of service firms and law firms, and to the SVP and C-suite level of multinational corporations;
- Knowledge of key GRC and ethics industry professional service and law firms, leading experts, and topics;
- Understanding of the business, production and financial side of the media industry, including publications, conferences/events and digital media;
- 5 – 7 years relevant sales experience;
- Possess strong contacts and existing relationships with senior leaders from relevant fields;
- Results oriented, strong work ethic and attention to detail;
- Minimum education of bachelor’s degree. MBA and/or JD a plus.