- Bachelors Degree required
- Seven (7) years experience in physician practice plan, healthcare, or medical insurance
environment to include
- Three (3) years supervisory experience
- Previous exposure to hospital or physician billing
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC), Advanced Records Technician (ART), or Registered Records Administrator (RRA) preferred
1. Manages daily operations of Psychiatry departmental billing office, which includes Inpatient, Ambulatory, Consult/Liaison, Testing and Emergency Services at multiple facilities with multiple specialist provider types; oversees registration, scheduling, insurance verification, pre-authorization/re-authorization, payment posting and payment application processes department-wide; ensures all charges are received, processed and billed accurately and in a timely manner.
2. Establishes and maintains billing policies, procedures and processes; adapts as necessary to accommodate new technology, new clinical services and/or other changes.
3. Recruits, supervises and trains departmental billing operations personnel.
4. Designs and compiles periodic reports for management to include analysis of billed charges, collections, write-offs, site-of- service trends, etc.
5. Acquires and maintains thorough knowledge of institutional, departmental and payor policies and actions related to billing; disseminates regularly to faculty and staff; acquires and maintains thorough knowledge of federal and state legislative and administrative actions affecting physician reimbursement; disseminates to department management and faculty clinicians.
6. Develops and delivers provider education related to scheduling, insurance, billing software, billing operations and related areas; delivers initial required training to all new providers; delivers subsequent training as assigned; collaborates with departmental Faculty Affairs staff for on-boarding, credentialing, EPIC training, etc., of new faculty clinicians.
7. Oversees setup of mental health accounts, scheduling departments, billing areas, provider templates and other entities in the EPIC system; maintains fee schedules, codes, provider dictionaries, etc., in EPIC.
8. Coordinates billing and collection efforts with UTSHS, affiliated institutions, third party payors and other clinical departments; serves as departmental liaison to MSRDP for billing and collection issues; reviews, approves and/or processes assigned adjustments, refunds and other patient account activities.
9. Attends departmental, institutional and other meetings and training as assigned; creates and presents reports as assigned.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
Clicking on Apply will direct you to the Insurance/Billing section of the UT Southwestern careers website where you will find several positions posted. This one is listed as:
MANAGER BILLING OPERATIONS 504168
Please apply to all positions of interest that you meet the requirements. To be referred to the department for consideration, you must meet the requirements.
* To be considered, please include current or most recent compensation in your application *
UT Southwestern Medical Center is a multifaceted academic institution nationally recognized for excellence. Through our top rated schools, hospitals, dozens of clinics and care centers, and leading-edge biomedical research labs, UT Southwestern employs a talented, diverse workforce. We deliver patient care that brings scientific advances to the bedside—focusing on quality, safety and service. Located 10 minutes northwest of downtown Dallas, our campus includes 10.8 million square feet of space with another 1.4 million square feet under construction.