Get new similar jobs by email for
Medical Billing Specialist
Position Title: Medical Billing Specialist
KSL Billing + Management a leader in Revenue Cycle Management and a Growing Organization, We are seeking candidates with 1-2 years + experience and solid PC skills. Candidates who possess the willingness to work hard, learn, and grow into leadership positions are best suited for this work environment. Must have a good work history, ability to handle volume, and work as a true team member. Position offers Full time work with great benefits package. Located near Downtown St. Louis with free parking. Great company perks and career advancement are a part of this equation.
Summary of Duties:Responsible for collecting, posting and managing account payments. Responsible for submitting claims and following up with insurance companies. Coding and Cardiology Experience a Plus.
1. Prepares and submits clean claims to various insurance companies either electronically or by paper.
2. Answers questions from patients, clerical staff and insurance companies.
3. Identifies and resolves patient billing complaints.
4. Prepares, reviews and sends patient statements
5. Evaluates patient’s financial status and establishes budget payment plans. Follows and reports status of delinquent accounts.
6. Reviews accounts for possible assignment and makes recommendations to the Billing Manager, also prepares information for the collection agency.
7. Performs various collection actions including contacting patients by phone, correcting and resubmitting claims to third party payers.
8. Processes payments from insurance companies
9. Participates in educational activities and attends monthly staff meetings.
10. Maintains strictest confidentiality; adheres to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations.
Education: High School Diploma or GED. CPC Certification a plus.
1. Knowledge of medical billing/collection practices.
2. Knowledge of computer programs.
3. Knowledge of business office procedures.
4. Knowledge of basic medical coding and third-party operating procedures and practices.
5. Ability to operate a computer and basic office equipment.
6. Ability to operate a multi-line telephone system.
7. Skill in answering a telephone in a pleasant and helpful manner.
8. Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instructions.
9. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees and the public.
10. Must be well organized and detail-oriented.
Environmental/Working Conditions:Normal office environment. Occasional overtime may be required and/or hours may be shortened as business needs dictate.
Physical Demands:Requires sitting and standing associated with a normal office environment. Manual dexterity needed for using a calculator and computer keyboard. This description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting job requirements. Responsibilities, skills and working conditions may change as needs evolve.
Benefits: We offer the opportunity for advancement and an excellent benefits package that includes medical, vision and dental coverage. We also offer 401K with company match, life insurance, short term disability and long term disability.