Marketing, Communications and Product Management careers at UnitedHealth Group. If you're at the top of your game and looking for the next big challenge, consider this: no business is moving faster than health care. And no health care company is moving faster than unitedHealth Group. We're adding consumer marketers to drive our brand as we reinvent our industry. You won't find tougher challenges. And you won't find smarter people working together to solve them. This isn't packaged goods. you're making a difference in people's lives, starting with your own. Join us and start doing
your life's best work.℠
Medical Coding Content Developer - Telecommuter!
- Function as a coding, billing, reimbursement, and regulatory policy subject matter expert (SME) for Optum360.
- Apply expertise in current coding systems (ICD-9-CM/ICD-10-CM/CPT/HCPCS), reimbursement methodologies, compliance with HIPAA requirements, and operational expertise to provide up-to-date, clear and concise content for all products.
- Maintain official sources that are a defensible source of information to support product content.
- Respond to ICD-9-CM/ICD-10-CM/CPT/HCPCS and Medicare questions/queries for internal and external customers.
- Suggest new product ideation and product enhancements in a timely manner that reflects customer needs and industry standards.
- Provide New Product SME, Clinical Technical Editor (CTE) team members, Product Managers, Sales and Marketing with information on healthcare industry changes that impact our business
- Deliver high quality content, on time and within budget. Responsible for working within project guidelines, leading projects or working collaboratively as a content developer, and meeting schedule deadlines while maintaining the accuracy and integrity of the content.
- Keep pace with market standards by keeping abreast of regulatory changes, official coding guidelines, and by developing and maintaining relationships with customers and industry experts within and outside of Optum360.
- Responsible for conducting research to support the creation of new products or product updates by using various avenues such as hard copy reference material (internal & external publications), internet searches inclusive of CMS website, other official websites, list serves, databases, seminar/conference material, interviews, and interactions with customers.
- Create or update the scope of work i.e., list all components of the product to ensure a cursory review is done, specifically state what components will require updates, and the official resources to be used.
- Communicate schedule changes and content concerns in a timely manner. Enhance the visibility of Optum360 by conducting presentations or functioning as an expert in panel discussions at professional conferences/seminars at a national, state or local level, by functioning as a contributing editor for professional journals, or by functioning as an advisory board member.
- CCS, CPC, RHIA or RHIT certification required
- A minimum of 3 years of Medical Coding experience in a hospital facility or physician practice
- Demonstrated ability to code charts from paper and decision trees without the use of coding software
- Clinical expertise that mirrors or exceeds that of our customers in the facility, physician, and payer markets.
- Experience with professional writing, such as white papers, journal articles or manuals.
- Proficiency with MS Word and Excel
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; strong command of the English language.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible, prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects.
- Ability to work in a self-directed work environment, demonstrating sound decision-making skills.
- Associate's or Bachelor's Degree
- Experience using MS Access
- Experience educating other Medical Coders
- Consulting experience
- AHIMA-approved ICD-10-CM/PCS trainer
Optum360 is part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group one of the leaders across most major segments of the US health care system.
Optum360 is one of the largest and fastest growing health information companies. We specialize in improving the performance of the health system by providing analytics, technology and consulting services that enable better decisions and results. We integrate workflow solutions that deliver data in real-time, and create actionable insights - processing health information that relates directly to and affects one in four patients in the U.S, one in every three Medicaid dollars and one in every five emergency room visits. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
What can YOU do with the right information? At Optum360, the possibilities and the impact are limitless. No matter what your role is at Optum360, you'll be empowered to ask more questions, develop better solutions and help make the health care system greater than ever. It's always fresh. It's always exciting. And it's never been more important.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.
Keywords: RHIT, RHIA, CPC, CCS, Coder, Medical Coding, AHIMA, AAPC, DRG, ICD-9, ICD-10, CPT, HCPC, billing, reimbursement, revenue