Membership Engagement Coordinator
Reports to:Project Manager, Chapters and Sections
PT/FT Status: FT
Salary: 35k – 40k
The Membership Engagement Coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day operations of three primary vehicles of engagement for members: Chapters, Sections and ‘Physician in Training’ programs. Chapters provide a regional mechanism for networking and education. Sections provide an engagement platform around a special interest or constituency group. Physicians in Training (PIT) represent the future of the specialty and programs aimed at increasing participation within this population are essential to the growth and stability of hospital medicine.
This position will support the strategic growth of Chapters, Sections and PIT programming as a tool for membership acquisition and retention and will assist in utilizing these channels to support larger SHM national initiatives.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Chapters and Sections:
- Manage day-to-day chapter functions including financial record keeping, meeting invitation and material distribution.
- Coordinate all elements of the chapter industry- funding process.
- Maintain all chapter and section related content on the SHM website.
- Assist in coordination of chapter and section events held at the SHM annual meeting.
- Support volunteer leaders in the coordination of meetings and conference calls.
- Assist volunteer leaders in annual goal-setting, action items and evaluation.
- Build relationships with and provide exceptional customer service and support to volunteer leaders and members via email, telephone and at onsite events.
- Maintain records related to established compliance guidelines and assist with the annual staff evaluation of chapters and sections.
- Provide recommendations to management on the growth of chapters and sections.
- Maintain a performance dashboard for chapters and sections.
- Assist with the coordination of discussion topics on SHM’s online networking community, Hospital Medicine Exchange (HMX).
Physicians in Training (PIT)
- Compile and organize grant applications for PIT scholar candidates.
- Assist and coordinate the evaluation of candidates.
- Work with volunteer leaders to schedule meetings, set timelines and follow-up on action items.
- Compile reporting requirements of scholar awardees and verify compliance.
- Assist in the compilation of annual grant program evaluations.
- Assist with membership related projects as requested.
- Assist in coordinating the logistics of SHM’s exhibit program.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, business administrationor related field preferred.
- 1-2years’ experience in customer serviceor association management setting a plus.
- Experience in membership organizations a plus.
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented with the ability to create project plans and see a project from start to finish.
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; proficiency working with databases.
- Ability to travel 10% of the time.
Representing the fastest growing specialty in modern healthcare, the Society of Hospital Medicine (SHM) is the leading medical society for more than 40,000 hospitalists and their patients. SHM is dedicated to promoting the highest quality care for all hospitalized patients and overall excellence in the practice of hospital medicine through quality improvement, education, advocacy and research. Over the past decade, studies have shown that hospitalists can contribute to decreased patient lengths of stay, reductions in hospital costs and readmission rates, and increased patient satisfaction.
For more information about SHM and hospital medicine, visit www.hospitalmedicine.org