Nelco Engineering, a NELSON company, is currently seeking an MEP Designer/Application Specialist in Dallas, TX. The MEP Designer/Application Specialist will participate, as a member of the project team, in all aspects of project development including site survey, design development, system selection and contract documentation. This candidate will apply their knowledge of engineering principles and best practices. While working as an internal member of NELSON’s Design Technology Services (DTS) team focused on implementing Revit as a technology and process throughout the organization. This will include working with, supporting and acting as a Revit software technical resource for project teams utilizing Revit, building content and assist the CAD and BIM Manager in developing and standardizing the Revit process. In addition, act as a Revit application expert, technical project lead and Revit mentor for assigned project teams. This candidate will be part of a unique group that is at the fore-front of technology development. Our work environment is always changing with technology demands, this person needs to be flexible and adapt to a changing environment. This work environment is stimulating, collaborative and fun. You will be working with talented teams that are industry leaders in BIM.
- Participate in the preparation of construction documents and specifications
- Participate in the development of construction documents to insure compliance with design intent
- Consult with the Senior Designer, Project Engineer, or Project Manager to establish project goals and
- Research products and systems that accomplish the design intent
- Coordinate with other disciplines including architects
- Apply Engineering knowledge to prepare and assist project teams with putting together working drawings, design development and construction document packages utilizing best Revit MEP practices
- Setup new project work in Revit MEP
- Contribute to documentation and update of standards and best practices
- Contribute to the organization, creation, maintenance and upgrades of templates and libraries
- Develop client and/or global company families both generic and formula based for projects
- Assess and/or work on Revit MEP projects as needed
- Perform help-desk support duties to troubleshoot and address design software conflicts and issues
- Assist in training processes through content development, shadowing and organized training sessions
- Provide Revit MEP training for new employees
- Provide onsite or remote training courses geared toward the project process and related skills
- Experience shadowing Teammates post-training
- Create and distribute topic based support and educational videos
- Monitor conformance to standards and processes
- Disseminate and educate industry advancements and trends
- Disseminate lessons learned information to staff
- Conduct inter-office coordination meetings relating to Revit
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and AutoCAD MEP
- Working knowledge of Autodesk Navisworks
- 2 - 3 years of Mechanical or Electrical Engineering experience required.
- Experience in supporting an Architectural/Engineering organization in a lead Revit production role is required or, equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Autodesk Product Training/Certifications preferred
- To perform this job successfully, an individual is required to have expert experience with Revit MEP / AutoCAD MEP/AutoCAD 2012 or newer.
We offer competitive wages based on skills and experience, excellent benefits package including; Paid Time Off, medical, dental, 401K, pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts, and more. Nelco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you have read this and feel this may be the career opportunity for you, please apply by clicking the link below. Due to the large volume of candidates, only qualified applicants will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.
If you have read this and feel this may be the career opportunity for you, please apply by emailing your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com. Please list the job title and location in the subject line. Due to the large volume of candidates, only qualified applicants will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.
Nelco Engineering offers a full range of services, including mechanical and electrical engineering, plumbing, lighting, and life safety and fire protection applications. Our goal is to improve the complete quality of Mechanical, Electrical and Environmental elements of facilities, with the dual objective of minimizing project related cost, along with daily operational and maintenance expense.
Our experience includes renovations for corporate campuses, industrial facilities, data and critical facilities, healthcare and medical office buildings, condo and multi-family housing, criminal justice complexes, education, government, commercial, retail, hospitality/entertainment, office/warehouse and manufacturing facilities, and indefinite delivery contracts. Our team of engineering professionals strives to deliver holistic solutions for a client’s business requirements, corporate objectives and culture.
Nelco is always looking for people committed to providing exceptional engineering services and delivering innovative solutions. We are comprised of the industry’s most seasoned and talented mechanical, electrical and plumbing engineers and their commitment to outstanding quality drives their passion. If you are looking for a growing, highly professional work environment and enjoy working with creative minds, Nelco is the place for you. For more information on NELSON, please visit our Website at www.nelsononline.com.