Get new similar jobs by email for
Meter Reader Field Technician
Do you enjoy the outdoors and walking and working outside? Do you like working on your own? Would you like to be part of a growing company in a growing industry? Then this role may be for you.
Southern Cross is the oldest and largest company in the U.S. providing the natural gas industry with services and equipment. Southern Cross Corp's mission is "saving lives". We employ the most professional and qualified staff of technicians in the world and apply a work ethic that supports this enormous responsibility. We don't just look for leaks. . .we prevent catastrophes and save lives. Southern Cross is looking for a qualified, motivated; customer focused Field Technician.
Job Title: Field Technician
Work Schedule: Mon-Fri
Salary-Exempt/Hourly: Hourly-Subject to Overtime
Work Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
· Inspect natural gas meters and report an abnormal operating condition to client.
· Represent Southern Cross Corp to client with a professional, neat appearance.
· Job entails walking over varying terrain, and in varying weather conditions, constant squatting, bending,and climbing stairwells.
· Complete required paperwork and sketches.
· Perform light manual labor. Follow all safety guidelines.
· Assist in training survey technician trainees and others.
· Field Technician is responsible for the proper operation, field maintenance, and security of all assigned equipment.
· Valid Driver's License.
· MUST have own, reliable means of Transportation.
· Professional, neat appearance is a must since there will be contact with the public.
· Excellent Customer Service Skills.
· High School Diploma or equivalent.
· Basic Working Computer Knowledge
· Experience is an asset, but not mandatory.
· Employment is contingent upon acceptable completion of substance abuse screening and criminal background checks.
· Must pass all training requirements for continuous employment.
· Company provides and trains on all necessary equipment to perform job.
Interrelationship and/or Supervisory Skills Needed:
· Must be able to make decisions concerning the safety of a situation and report these to the Gas Company. Training will be provided to perform these skills.
· Must enter private property inspecting natural gas equipment and must be able to respond to questions from the public.
· Must be able to coordinate survey with the client.
· $11/HR + $2.30/HR for usage of personal vehicle.
Our benefits package reflects our respect for workplace contributions, professional goals and personal priorities. When you join Southern Cross, you will be eligible for:
· Choice of medical, dental and vision plans, a 401(k) plan
· Paid holiday after probation period.
· Paid vacation after probation period.
Requirements: Employment is contingent upon acceptable completion of substance abuse screening and criminal background checks.
Please take a look at this video that will show you ”a day in the life of a Southern Cross Field Technician”:
Please click here to apply: https://southerncrossjobs.clickandhire.net