• Shall have a Bachelors degree and five (5) years or nine years relevant experience in software development/engineering, including requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution.
• Shall have at least four (4) years of experience developing software with high level languages such as Java, C, C++.
• Shall have demonstrated experience working with OpenSource (NoSQL) products that support highly distributed, massively parallel computation needs such as Hbase, CloudBase/Acumulo, Big Table, etc.
• Shall have demonstrated work experience with the Map Reduce programming model and technologies such as Hadoop, Hive, Pig, etc.
• Shall have demonstrated work experience with the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS).
• Shall have demonstrated work experience with serialization such as JSON and/or BSON.
• Shall have demonstrated work experience developing Restful services.
• Shall have demonstrated work experience in the requirements analysis and design of at least one Object Oriented system.
• Shall have demonstrated work experience developing solutions integrating and extending FOSS/COTS products.
• Shall have at least three (3) years experience in software integration and software testing, to include developing and implementing test plans and test scripts.
• Shall have demonstrated technical writing skills and shall have generated technical documents in support of a software development project.
• In addition, shall have demonstrated work experience in at least two (2) of the desired characteristics.
• Shall have at least three (3) years experience developing software for Windows (2000, 2003, XP, VISTA) or UNIX/Linux (Redhat versions 3-5) operating systems.
• Experience deploying applications in a cloud environment.
• Understanding of Big-Data Cloud Scalability (Amazon, Google, Facebook).
• Hadoop/Cloud Developer Certification.
• Experience designing and developing automated analytic software, techniques, and algorithms.
• Experience with linguistics (grammar, morphology, concepts).
• Experience developing and deploying analytics within a heterogeneous schema environment.
• Experience documenting ontologies, data models, schemas, formats, data element dictionaries, software application program interfaces and other technical specifications.
• Experience developing and deploying analytics that discover and exploit social networks.
• Experience developing and deploying: data driven analytics; event driven analytics; sets of analytics orchestrated through rules engines.
• Experience with taxonomy construction for analytic disciplines, knowledge areas and skills.
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, cybersecurity, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.